Sam Berner  Identity Verified
Australia
Local time: 03:43
Member (2003)
English to Arabic
+ ...
Sep 3, 2012

Hi,

Haven't been on XTM for a while, so things are all different now. I need help getting set up.

My original glossaries were created in Wordfast and are in TXT formats. I have converted them into XLS, and they look fine in Excel, but on upload to XTM, no terms are found - basically it tells me I have an empty glossary.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks in advance.

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
RE: Sep 3, 2012

Hello Sam,

I don't think you are doing anything wrong. Probably there is something wrong with the file, you are trying to upload. Could you please write directly to [email protected] and attach your terminology file, so we could investigate what the problem is.

Kind regards,
Przemysław Nowak (XTM Support)

Srdjan Stepanovic
Srdjan Stepanovic  Identity Verified
Serbia
Local time: 19:43
Member (2007)
English to Serbian
+ ...
Insert language codes Sep 4, 2012

I think you should simply insert language codes in the corresponding source and target column headers. For example, if you have 2 columns and one is source English USA and the target is Spanish for instance, just insert en_US and es_ES in the column headers instead of language names. That worked for me.

Cheers,

Srdjan

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 18:43
RE: Sep 4, 2012

Thank you Srdjan. That's right. You have to create Excel file with proper language codes in the columns' headers, type the source and the target words in to the lines in these columns and import such a file to the system. You can also send a message to [email protected] with attached file and we will fix it for you. We can also give you a file with the list of language codes which are used in XTM. Please send us an e-mail and we will pr... See more
Thank you Srdjan. That's right. You have to create Excel file with proper language codes in the columns' headers, type the source and the target words in to the lines in these columns and import such a file to the system. You can also send a message to [email protected] with attached file and we will fix it for you. We can also give you a file with the list of language codes which are used in XTM. Please send us an e-mail and we will provide such a list.

Kind regards,
Szymon Dobry
Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

HELP: Imported glossaries in XLS seen as empty

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »