Channa Montijn
Channa Montijn  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 22:19
Member (2003)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Mar 19, 2014

I just noticed that I can not use the search function anymore of http://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Default.aspx

Anyone else experiencing this problem?
Or have I missed something?

Tomasz Sienicki
Tomasz Sienicki  Identity Verified
Denmark
Member (2007)
Danish to Polish
+ ...
It works Mar 19, 2014

Channa Montijn wrote:

I just noticed that I can not use the search function anymore of http://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Default.aspx

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

It works for me...

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Download Mar 19, 2014

I prefer offline resources that I can import to whatever TM and termbase software I prefer.
There are a bunch of MS terminology xls files on the net, I have an older one. I think I got it from MS, but I can't find it on their site now. They do offer tbx downloads though: https://www.microsoft.com/Language/en-US/Terminology.aspx

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
tbx Mar 20, 2014

Hi!
Could anybody tell me how to use those tbx files?

Thanx a lot

FarkasAndras
FarkasAndras  Identity Verified
English to Hungarian
+ ...
tbx Mar 20, 2014

Your termbase program might be able to import it. Tbx was supposed to be the termbase exchange format, exactly like tmx for TMs. It never really took off, though.
If you don't use terminology sw or it can't handle tbx, you can convert it to tabbed txt, which you can copy-paste to excel. Apsic Xbench is one option for the conversion.

Christophe Delaunay
Christophe Delaunay  Identity Verified
France
Spanish to French
+ ...
Thanx! Mar 21, 2014

Thanx for the quick answer

Valeria Rivero
Valeria Rivero  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 17:19
English to Spanish
Trick Mar 21, 2014

The same thing happened to me yesterday, or maybe the day before. I was able to use again today, so it must be on and off. I was able to access the search page by going through Chrome's history and finding an old search result. It took me to that specific term, but English to Spanish was selected as the language pair. That enabled me to search for other terms from that search result.

I actually didn't go through the history, but it was one of the URLs Chrome showed me in the drop do
... See more
The same thing happened to me yesterday, or maybe the day before. I was able to use again today, so it must be on and off. I was able to access the search page by going through Chrome's history and finding an old search result. It took me to that specific term, but English to Spanish was selected as the language pair. That enabled me to search for other terms from that search result.

I actually didn't go through the history, but it was one of the URLs Chrome showed me in the drop down menu when I started typing "terminología Microsoft" in the address bar, which is how I usually go to the website.

[Edited at 2014-03-21 02:08 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Windows glossary off line?

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »