ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Local time: 18:54
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 29, 2011

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a German translation of the FSA handbook (UK Financial Services Authority: Handbook of Rules and Guidance) or where I could find a German glossary of the specific terms used in this document?

Thank you very much in advance,
Irene

Ivana UK
Ivana UK  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:54
Member (2005)
Italian to English
+ ...
FSA website. Aug 29, 2011

ibz wrote:

Hello,

Does anyone know if there is a German translation of the FSA handbook (UK Financial Services Authority: Handbook of Rules and Guidance) or where I could find a German glossary of the specific terms used in this document?

Thank you very much in advance,
Irene

Hi Irene,

I think it's only available in English as the FSA website makes no mention of foreign language versions. You could always try calling the customer services number.

http://www.fsa.gov.uk/Pages/handbook/

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you! Aug 30, 2011

Hi Ivana,
Thanks a lot for your reply: That's about how far I got as well...
So apparently there's no German translation of this handbook and I'll have to work around it (add specific English terms in brackets or so).
Regards,
Irene

RobinB
RobinB  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 11:54
German to English
No translation Aug 30, 2011

Hi Irene,

AFAIK the FSA Handbook hasn't been translated into any languages (and I can't think of any reason why it should be).

What you could do is see if you can map the FSA terminology to the corresponding documents from e.g. FINMA and BaFin.

HTH,
Robin

ibz
ibz  Identity Verified
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
@Robin Aug 30, 2011

Hi Robin,
Thanks a lot for your suggestion (Finma) - this really helps a lot
Regards,
Irene

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

FSA handbook

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »