Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 22, 2006

Hi everyone,

I have to translate a couple of. Doc files with SLD Edit –I have installed in my computer SDL Edit 2005 SP1 (Build 5522).

In the manual everything seems quite straightforward, go to File, select New Translation and then proceed as stated. However, I cannot choose the option New Translation, and the option Open file does not work since the file format is not recognised.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help...
See more
Hi everyone,

I have to translate a couple of. Doc files with SLD Edit –I have installed in my computer SDL Edit 2005 SP1 (Build 5522).

In the manual everything seems quite straightforward, go to File, select New Translation and then proceed as stated. However, I cannot choose the option New Translation, and the option Open file does not work since the file format is not recognised.

Can anyone advise?

Thanks for your help

Estefanía
Collapse

Giuliana Buscaglione
Giuliana Buscaglione  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 12:12
Member (2001)
German to Italian
+ ...
SDL Lite? Mar 22, 2006

Hi Estefanía,

I have to translate a couple of. Doc files with SLD Edit –I have installed in my computer SDL Edit 2005 SP1 (Build 5522)

You mean SDLX Standard 2005 SP1, I suppose...?

I am asking as you say you cannot create a new *.itd file, but only open *.itd files.

If you have the full version, you really only need to click on New, a window will open and you'll only need to follow steps.

If you have the LITE version, you can only open *.itd files, which were created by someone who owns SDLX Elite.

Giuliana

Estefanía González
Estefanía González  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 20:12
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
You are right :-) Mar 22, 2006

Hi Giuliana,

Actually I have SDL Lite.

I am afraid the manual consfued me a bit with the description of the creation of an .itd file.

Thanks for setting the record straight.

Estefanía

[Edited at 2006-03-22 10:56]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Create New Translation with SDL Edit

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »