Constance Mannshardt
Constance Mannshardt  Identity Verified
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 7, 2006

Hi everybody,
Finally I was able to build an Termbase on my Trados 7 (Windows XP) importing it from an Excel-file. Everything worked well, but on the Workbench window only appears the source term recognized and I would also like to see the target term. When I switch into MT itself, there I can see both, source and target terms.
Any ideas? Thanks in advance!

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Local time: 20:35
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Do you have the term recognition window open? Jan 7, 2006

that was my problem, when I got as far as you are now: press Ctrl+R. if a new window appears - on the right hand side of the TWB normal window -, that was it.

smo

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
There seems to be no target language! Jan 7, 2006

Vito Smolej wrote:

that was my problem, when I got as far as you are now: press Ctrl+R. if a new window appears - on the right hand side of the TWB normal window -, that was it.

smo

Yes, that window is there on TWB. I found out that my MT doesn't seem to have registered a source AND a target language, although I followed step-by-step instructions from Trados support Sep. 9.
All my termbase is there, but without the distinction of target and source...
Is there a way to correct this easiliy?

Ulrich Roos (X)
Ulrich Roos (X)
Local time: 20:35
German
Check Term Recognition Options Jan 9, 2006

Hi Constance,

Constance Mannshardt wrote:
Yes, that window is there on TWB. I found out that my MT doesn't seem to have registered a source AND a target language, although I followed step-by-step instructions from Trados support Sep. 9.

in contrast to TMs the termbases in MultiTerm do not have a defined source and target language. You can select all languages in your termbase as source or target language.

To solve your problem please check under Options -> Term Recognition Options whether source and target language are set correctly.

Hope this helps,

Uli

Constance Mannshardt
Brazil
Member (2005)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
That's strange! Jan 9, 2006

Ulrich Roos wrote:

Hi Constance,

Constance Mannshardt wrote:

in contrast to TMs the termbases in MultiTerm do not have a defined source and target language. You can select all languages in your termbase as source or target language.

To solve your problem please check under Options -> Term Recognition Options whether source and target language are set correctly.

Hope this helps,

Uli

Hi Uli and everybody,
thanks for your replies.
I can't imagine that I am supposed to open MT everytime I get the info that there is a term for some word in my termbase! I used to work with Multiterm on 5.5 and there it always showed me (on the TWB-screen, right side) source and target for every term in termbase.
Meantime I have checked that languages are set correctly and went through the whole convert-import etc. process again: without effort.
I don't know what I could try next.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Multiterm doesn't show target term on Workbench window

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »