MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Local time: 22:47
Italian to German
+ ...
Nov 4, 2005

Hi,

the Multiterm interface in MS WORD allows to add entries on the fly and has also a "More" section where different fields can be added (clients, subject, context, file name for project).
If I activate the "Add Entry level fields" the picklists may stay grayed out; deactivating/activating again result in the picklists to be selectable, but after adding the entries with "add" I get all the time the error message:

"invalid entry"

...and the entry is
... See more
Hi,

the Multiterm interface in MS WORD allows to add entries on the fly and has also a "More" section where different fields can be added (clients, subject, context, file name for project).
If I activate the "Add Entry level fields" the picklists may stay grayed out; deactivating/activating again result in the picklists to be selectable, but after adding the entries with "add" I get all the time the error message:

"invalid entry"

...and the entry is not saved.

Not activating the "Add Entry level fields" will result in normal saving.
So what's wrong?
If it's a bug, are there already released updates?

My versions:
Trados 7 freelance, 7.00615
Multiterm 7,01320
Ms Word 2000

Thanks for any help!

Mike
Collapse

Jo Macdonald
Jo Macdonald  Identity Verified
Spain
Italian to English
+ ...
Try the concordance window Nov 4, 2005

Hi Mike,

I've had to delete the Multiterm Normal.dot file from Windows Startup because it creates a load of runtime errors and other problems on my system with Word 2000.

Multiterm still works but you don't get a Multiterm toolbar in Word, no problems either mind you.

I use the concordance window to add terms: highlight the relevant text or term, click the concordance button in the Trados toolbar, select the term in the concordance window, right click to s
... See more
Hi Mike,

I've had to delete the Multiterm Normal.dot file from Windows Startup because it creates a load of runtime errors and other problems on my system with Word 2000.

Multiterm still works but you don't get a Multiterm toolbar in Word, no problems either mind you.

I use the concordance window to add terms: highlight the relevant text or term, click the concordance button in the Trados toolbar, select the term in the concordance window, right click to set source/target and submit to Multiterm.
It's pretty quick. Might be quicker with the Multiterm toolbar though, I dunno.
Collapse

Ines Burrell
Ines Burrell  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 21:47
Member (2004)
English to Latvian
+ ...
Same problem here Nov 4, 2005

I do not really like concordance window, as I like adding terms in the process of translation. Now it seems to be impossible which is really frustrating. And all along I thought it is just me.

MikeTrans
MikeTrans
Germany
Italian to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Using text fields instead of attribute fields Nov 7, 2005

Hi folks,

thanks for your suggestions. yes, the concordance window is a possibility, as it's the same procedure as in TagEditor.
In my entry definitions, I have changed the attribute fields in text fields, so the problem dissapear. Although one must type in the values at the beginning, I can live with it, as they remain stored during all your current work session.

Thank you!

Mike

Vito Smolej
Vito Smolej
Germany
Member (2004)
English to Slovenian
+ ...
SITE LOCALIZER
Try TWB window Nov 7, 2005

I use the concordance window to add terms:

and I use TWB / Multiterm frame - it's the same thing, but without taking the concordance turn - so far I have never happened upon a new pair, while doing concordance search.

Or am I missing something?

smo

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problems adding Multiterm 7 entries within WORD

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »