Sue Davis
Sue Davis  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:20
Member (2015)
French to English
Jul 28, 2022

Hi
I have Trados Studio 2017. I am translating a lengthy Excel file, with 4 worksheets, from French to English. Up until yesterday, I had no problem in saving the target file. However now when I open the file I receive an error message : We found a problem with some content in (file name). Do you want us to recover as much as we can?
As far as I can tell the only text that is missing is around 20 words in text boxes at the start of the first sheet. I can enter this text but obviousl
... See more
Hi
I have Trados Studio 2017. I am translating a lengthy Excel file, with 4 worksheets, from French to English. Up until yesterday, I had no problem in saving the target file. However now when I open the file I receive an error message : We found a problem with some content in (file name). Do you want us to recover as much as we can?
As far as I can tell the only text that is missing is around 20 words in text boxes at the start of the first sheet. I can enter this text but obviously need to get rid of the error message.
Thanks in advance - Sue
Collapse

Clarisa Moraña
Clarisa Moraña  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 15:20
Member (2002)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Check your Excel tag names Jul 28, 2022

I believe the issue is in the translation of the name tabs, which might be too long or absent at all. Check in the source Excel the name of the tabs, and translate them accordingly, taking care of not using more thant 32 characters (blank spaces included).
Sue

[Edited at 2022-07-28 13:14 GMT]

Kevin Fulton

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

problem saving target Excel file in Trados 2017

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »