Why doesn't Ctrl+Enter work?
Thread poster: Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
Apr 13, 2023

Why doesn't Ctrl+Enter work in my memoQ 2015, running under Win 10 in VMware Fusion?

Instead I get this message:

error

(I have created and assigned an empty, local TM.)

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 12:27
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
It works! Apr 13, 2023

Ctrl+Enter is working: it is trying to store your translations in a memory, but there is none attached to the project. Check the Translation Memories pane to make sure a memory is active.

Hans Lenting

Hans Lenting
Hans Lenting
Netherlands
Member (2006)
German to Dutch
TOPIC STARTER
SOLVED Apr 13, 2023

Thank you, Tomás!

I created a new TM, without use of the project creation wizard. Only then I discovered that the previously created TM had the languages reversed.

Screen Shot 2023-04-13 at 09.58.49

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 13:27
English to Russian
Reverse TM Apr 13, 2023

It doesn't matter that your TM is reversed. memoQ can read both directions out of the box. The reverse TM is highlighted in italics, you can see that from your screenshot. The problem was that you didn't check a single TM. Now, based on your screenshot, you have only 1 TM enabled (German to Dutch). However you still can check the second Dutch to German TM too and it would work correctly (read-only though) too. Finally, if you uncheck both, you would be able to reproduce the subject warning messa... See more
It doesn't matter that your TM is reversed. memoQ can read both directions out of the box. The reverse TM is highlighted in italics, you can see that from your screenshot. The problem was that you didn't check a single TM. Now, based on your screenshot, you have only 1 TM enabled (German to Dutch). However you still can check the second Dutch to German TM too and it would work correctly (read-only though) too. Finally, if you uncheck both, you would be able to reproduce the subject warning message.

[Edited at 2023-04-13 09:16 GMT]
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why doesn't Ctrl+Enter work?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »