Wordcounts in XTM (Azydron help me please!)
Thread poster: Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
Local time: 18:48
English to Spanish
+ ...
Mar 6, 2012

Usually I use SDLX as a CAT tool for translations project but now I migrated to XTM.

As you know XTM uses a different engine when it comes to wordcount. In the XTM wordcount you'll see that the wordcount is divided in two sections, which are Translation Memory Matching and Internal Matching.

I would like to know the difference between these two sections, with examples if possible.

Also I have another question. Which price % should I apply for each one of th
... See more
Usually I use SDLX as a CAT tool for translations project but now I migrated to XTM.

As you know XTM uses a different engine when it comes to wordcount. In the XTM wordcount you'll see that the wordcount is divided in two sections, which are Translation Memory Matching and Internal Matching.

I would like to know the difference between these two sections, with examples if possible.

Also I have another question. Which price % should I apply for each one of these items:

Translation Memory Matching

ICE match:
Leverages (or 100% matches):
95 to 99 %:
85 to 94 %:
75 to 84 %:

Internal Matching

Repetitions:
95 to 99 %:
85 to 94 %:
75 to 84 %:

Non-translatable:

Thank you and regards
Collapse

XTM Intl
XTM Intl
United Kingdom
Local time: 17:48
XTM Support answers Mar 7, 2012

Hello,

Translation Memory Matching comes from Translation Memory and consist of:

ICE match - In Context Exact matches
An ICE or exact match is a 100% leveraged in-context match where the previous and next segments of the TM db are the same as previous and next segment in the document. The inlines in the TM segment must match the document segment inlines.

100 % Leveraged matches (or 100% matches)
A 100% leveraged match is an exact match but in a
... See more
Hello,

An ICE or exact match is a 100% leveraged in-context match where the previous and next segments of the TM db are the same as previous and next segment in the document. The inlines in the TM segment must match the document segment inlines.

A 100% leveraged match is an exact match but in a different context.

% Fuzzy match
Refers to the situation when a sentence or phrase in a translation memory (TM) is
similar (but not a 100% match) to the sentence or phrase the translator is currently working on. The TM tool calculates the degree of similarity or ― "fuzziness" as a percentage figure.

Internal matching comes from the project that translator is working on and consist of:

Repeat
Refers to the situation when a sentence or phrase in the project is repeated

% Fuzzy repeat
Refers to the situation when some sentences or phrases in a project that translator is working on are similar (but not a 100% match) to the sentences or phrases in this specific project. XTM calculates the degree of similarity or ― "fuzziness" as a percentage figure.

Which price % you should apply for each one of these items above is up to you. You can also use settings available at "Customer editor" - "Estimate factors" tab.

Kind regards,
XTM Support
Collapse

Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 7, 2012

XTM Intl wrote:

Hello,

A 100% leveraged match is an exact match but in a different context.

% Fuzzy match
Refers to the situation when a sentence or phrase in a translation memory (TM) is
similar (but not a 100% match) to the sentence or phrase the translator is currently working on. The TM tool calculates the degree of similarity or ― "fuzziness" as a percentage figure.

Internal matching comes from the project that translator is working on and consist of:

Repeat
Refers to the situation when a sentence or phrase in the project is repeated

% Fuzzy repeat
Refers to the situation when some sentences or phrases in a project that translator is working on are similar (but not a 100% match) to the sentences or phrases in this specific project. XTM calculates the degree of similarity or ― "fuzziness" as a percentage figure.

Which price % you should apply for each one of these items above is up to you. You can also use settings available at "Customer editor" - "Estimate factors" tab.

Kind regards,
XTM Support

Ok thanks, I get the idea.

XTM Word Counts Mar 17, 2012

Dear AGV,

Thank you for your post. XTM uses the ETSI/LISA OSCAR GMX/V standard for word counts, so it is transparent and you can check the counts yourself (http://www.gala-global.org/oscarStandards/gmx-v/gmx-v.html). SDLX used its own way of counting that was at odds with Trados. Both packages produces different counts. Rumour has it that the latest version of SDL
... See more
Dear AGV,

Thank you for your post. XTM uses the ETSI/LISA OSCAR GMX/V standard for word counts, so it is transparent and you can check the counts yourself (http://www.gala-global.org/oscarStandards/gmx-v/gmx-v.html). SDLX used its own way of counting that was at odds with Trados. Both packages produces different counts. Rumour has it that the latest version of SDLX in fact uses GMX/V as apparently it produces identical counts to XTM. Which version of SDLX did you use?

Best Regards,

AZ
Collapse

Xenoglossy
Xenoglossy
English to Spanish
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
... Mar 19, 2012

azydron wrote:

Dear AGV,

Thank you for your post. XTM uses the ETSI/LISA OSCAR GMX/V standard for word counts, so it is transparent and you can check the counts yourself (http://www.gala-global.org/oscarStandards/gmx-v/gmx-v.html). SDLX used its own way of counting that was at odds with Trados. Both packages produces different counts. Rumour has it that the latest version of SDLX in fact uses GMX/V as apparently it produces identical counts to XTM. Which version of SDLX did you use?

Best Regards,

AZ

Hello AZ

I used SDLX 2007 SP2. Thanks for your answer, I'll check what this standard for wordcounts is all about.

Regards

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Wordcounts in XTM (Azydron help me please!)

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »