Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
What's the easiest way to find a translator for an uncommon language pair?
Thread poster: Carl Robinson
3ADE shadab
3ADE shadab
Local time: 16:08
Member (2008)
Hindi to English
+ ...
Japanese >English>Hungarian Apr 28, 2014

nrichy wrote:

Information is first translated into English and then from English in the other language(s). This often happens even for common fields and rather common language pairs, and not only because of a lack of translators but also because of the cost aspect.
For instance for cosmetics: Japanese > English > all other languages.
Or for financial information: French > English > Dutch.

Besides that, translators in rare language pairs are often allround translators. The first problem is to find a good translator, and then to have him specialize in that special field.

Its better to get it translate into English first and then into Hungarian. Some time you will not find accurate translation of specific terms in target language, but you if you translate that terms into English first then i might be easy to find in target languages.

I prefer to got with Japanese>English and then into Hungarian.

Christine Andersen
Christine Andersen  Identity Verified
Denmark
Local time: 12:38
Member (2003)
Danish to English
+ ...
One of the early moderators on this site translated from Japanese to Hungarian. Apr 28, 2014

And she is easy enough to find.

I suspect she doesn't work in nuclear technology, but if you really had a job like that, I would recommend asking her to advise you about getting a team together like the one my husband worked with.

That is how a lot of translation started, and how the pioneers worked.

Once you get away from mainstream languages, that is still how it has to be done!

Mohamed Mehenoun
Mohamed Mehenoun  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 11:38
English to French
+ ...
Then try contacting the embassy of the country in your country Apr 29, 2014

jyuan_us wrote:

Mohamed Mehenoun wrote:

You can find what you are looking for by searching in the directory of the translator's association of the country involved...

I doubt there is any translators association in the country involved. And even if there is one, there might not be a directory on its website.

[Edited at 2014-04-27 06:13 GMT]

Then it would be good to try and contact the embassy for the related country in your country and ask if they can give you the contact of a translator/interpreter...

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

What's the easiest way to find a translator for an uncommon language pair?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »