Josephine Cassar
Josephine Cassar  Identity Verified
Malta
Local time: 07:24
Member (2012)
English to Maltese
+ ...
Apr 21, 2013

Hi all, maybe this might seem weird, but I would like to know, as curious for one thing, besides really on the lookout for ideas I might have overlooked, what you include when you submit a quote for an advertised job for which you fulfill the conditions, so you can submit the quote. I tend to just submit my rate, with a few words with regards to any experience/translation qualifications and anything that has to do with submitting the work. sometimes, you also get asked when you can submit the w... See more
Hi all, maybe this might seem weird, but I would like to know, as curious for one thing, besides really on the lookout for ideas I might have overlooked, what you include when you submit a quote for an advertised job for which you fulfill the conditions, so you can submit the quote. I tend to just submit my rate, with a few words with regards to any experience/translation qualifications and anything that has to do with submitting the work. sometimes, you also get asked when you can submit the work and the "Use this button" gives you a date such as 1970 (I had one last week like this).

Any feedback is appreciated, thank you.
Collapse

Nicole Coesel
Nicole Coesel  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2012)
English to Dutch
+ ...
I tend to keep things short Apr 21, 2013

Hi Josephine,

I tend to keep my introduction as brief, yet clear and friendly as possible.
Interest in the assignment, rate, deadline, output per day (or whatever they refer to in the job posting), CAT-tool(s) and a brief explanation of the area of specialty required should be enough. In addition, I send my resume and the link to my ProZ profile for language skills and professional experience, which they might be (read should be) interested in.

So far I have neve
... See more
Hi Josephine,

I tend to keep my introduction as brief, yet clear and friendly as possible.
Interest in the assignment, rate, deadline, output per day (or whatever they refer to in the job posting), CAT-tool(s) and a brief explanation of the area of specialty required should be enough. In addition, I send my resume and the link to my ProZ profile for language skills and professional experience, which they might be (read should be) interested in.

So far I have never had any complaint about not providing sufficient info in the introduction e-mail.

Hope that helps.

Good luck!
Nicole.
Collapse

Samira S.

Sybille Brückner
Sybille Brückner  Identity Verified
Germany
Member (2003)
English to German
+ ...
I know Apr 21, 2013

what Josephine is speaking about.

The button mentioned should automatically shows the delivery date of the job when pressed. It sometimes does, sometimes doesn't - and is showing a date in 1970.

I do not remember if it is possible to delete this 1970 date or not, though.

It should be reported to the staff to be fixed.

Sybille

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Submit a quote

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »