nstoeber
nstoeber  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 09:50
English to German
+ ...
Feb 15, 2013

Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could point me to the right tool. I'm looking for a tool/software/freeware... to manage all my projects and clients. My admin work takes way too long. Keeping track of clients contact data, creating offers and invoices... it just takes forever...
There must be an easy way... I just want to type in the number of words /lines, select the customer... and voila, offer, invoice, reminder... all nice and pretty with my logo and all...... See more
Hello everyone,

I was wondering whether anyone could point me to the right tool. I'm looking for a tool/software/freeware... to manage all my projects and clients. My admin work takes way too long. Keeping track of clients contact data, creating offers and invoices... it just takes forever...
There must be an easy way... I just want to type in the number of words /lines, select the customer... and voila, offer, invoice, reminder... all nice and pretty with my logo and all...
Is there such a tool out there, that can handle several currencies and VATs and such?

I'd very much appreciate your suggestions, help...

Thanks so much in advance.

Nicole
Collapse

Drew MacFadyen
Drew MacFadyen  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 03:50
Spanish to English
+ ...
TO3000 Feb 15, 2013

It is not free or opensource, but they do allow an awful lot of customization and it supports the functions you requested. It includes AnyCount word count software and can maintain client lists, create custom quotes, invoices, reminders, reports and more. http://www.proz.com/TO3000.php

ProZ.co
... See more
It is not free or opensource, but they do allow an awful lot of customization and it supports the functions you requested. It includes AnyCount word count software and can maintain client lists, create custom quotes, invoices, reminders, reports and more. http://www.proz.com/TO3000.php

ProZ.com sells TO3000 at a 30% discount via TGB - http://www.proz.com/tgb/724

There is a free video available as well - http://www.proz.com/videos/free%20webinar%20week%20videos/2095 the title was "focus on translation, not administration"

Regards,

Drew
Collapse

nstoeber
nstoeber  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Any other tools? Feb 17, 2013

Hello Drew,

thanks for the suggestion.

I've downloaded the demo version of the tool you recommended. I'm not sure though that it allows switching from one language to another. Ocassionally I need invoices in different languanges. Is this the only tool there is, or the only recommendable one?

Thanks so much for your help.

Nicole

Stanislav Pokorny
Stanislav Pokorny  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
English to Czech
+ ...
Other tools Feb 17, 2013

Hello Nicole,
you can customize (i.e. also localize) the TO3000 invoice template directly in MS Word.

Anyway, I suggest that you search ProZ forums for "project management" or "project management tools". This search will give you a number of useful hits.

Emma Goldsmith
Emma Goldsmith  Identity Verified
Spain
Member (2004)
Spanish to English
Invoice templates Feb 17, 2013

nstoeber wrote:

I'm not sure though that it allows switching from one language to another. Ocassionally I need invoices in different languanges.

You can easily create an invoice template for a different language in TO3000. Open the standard rtf template that comes with the program, translate it and save it under a different name. When you want to issue an invoice, simply select the corresponding template. The same applies to quotes.

TO3000 takes quite a time to set up (entering all your clients' details, etc.), but you only have to do it once and from then on, creating new jobs, quotes and invoices is very quick indeed.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Administration Tool

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »