Translation applications: what is going on?
Thread poster: Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Local time: 13:03
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
Apr 25, 2012

Hello all,

I don't know where exactly I should post this, because I have no job to offer right now.

Since Monday, I have been receiving around 30 applications per day, for various language combinations, actually for the same language combinations as I offer myself.

But I haven't published any offer for at least 3 months!

I have asked several applicants today where they have found this "offer" (they all mention a job offer), but none has replied
... See more
Hello all,

I don't know where exactly I should post this, because I have no job to offer right now.

Since Monday, I have been receiving around 30 applications per day, for various language combinations, actually for the same language combinations as I offer myself.

But I haven't published any offer for at least 3 months!

I have asked several applicants today where they have found this "offer" (they all mention a job offer), but none has replied yet.

Can anyone tell me what is going on? Has any of you ever encountered the same situation?

[Edited at 2012-04-25 13:23 GMT]
Collapse

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Submit a support request Apr 25, 2012

Why not submit a support request?

You'll find the support centre under "About" at the top right of this page.

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Proz support would be any help Apr 25, 2012

What could Proz do for me?

None of the applicants said the offer they refer to was published on Proz, and after checking out myself I didn't find anything out of place here.

Cilian O'Tuama
Cilian O'Tuama  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
Sorry, I assumed the applications came through Proz. Apr 25, 2012

-

Elodie Bonnafous
Elodie Bonnafous
France
Member (2009)
German to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
- Apr 25, 2012

Please don't be sorry, you tried to help and I am thankful for that!

Neil Coffey
Neil Coffey  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 12:03
French to English
+ ...
Google your e-mail address? Apr 25, 2012

Maybe try googling your e-mail address and see if somebody (mistakenly or otherwise) has published it on a web site somewhere asking for applicants?

If none of the applicants responds to e-mails (normally an applicant for work will be keen to respond to any potential lead to getting work), then maybe even it's just some spambot spuriously churning out false translation applications -- stranger things have happened in the universe.

Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member because it was not in line with site rule
Post removed: This post was hidden by a moderator or staff member for the following reason: Reply to a hidden post.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translation applications: what is going on?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »