Trados 6.5 Multiterm ix - problems with conversion from MT5.x
Thread poster: phaelbr
phaelbr
phaelbr
English to Portuguese
Apr 2, 2006

I just installed multiterm ix and I have a few questions.
Where is the "mantanance" option? that one in which I could see all the terms i have?

I´m trying to import from trados 5.0.
When I use Multiterm migration tool, it shows i had 503 entries imported and it creates a xml file.

1- So I exit the convertion tool and open multiterm:
I create a new termbase, load from XDT and seems it´s gonna work. But it doesn´t.

2- I open multiterm
... See more
I just installed multiterm ix and I have a few questions.
Where is the "mantanance" option? that one in which I could see all the terms i have?

When I use Multiterm migration tool, it shows i had 503 entries imported and it creates a xml file.

I create a new termbase, load from XDT and seems it´s gonna work. But it doesn´t.

2- I open multiterm, create a new termbase, import the xml file and then create a exclusion file... keep clickin on next and then I click on process. It seems like it´s importing, but when finished, shows "0 entries imported".

Please, help me!!!

my msn messenger is: [email protected]

[Subject edited by staff or moderator 2006-04-02 21:37]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
English to German
+ ...
More details, please Apr 2, 2006

Hi phaelbr,
Which version of MTiX are you using (full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

Do you mean that 503 entries were converted?

How can you tell? What error message (if any) do you get?

2- I open multiterm, create a new termbase, import the xml file and then create a exclusion file... keep clickin on next and then I click on process. It seems like it´s importing, but when finished, shows "0 entries imported".

Why are you creating a new termbase (as opposed to using the one you created on the basis of the definition (.xdt) generated during conversion)?

my msn messenger is:

As these forums are in the public domain, I would advise to edit your posting by removing the address.

Best regards,
Ralf

phaelbr
phaelbr
English to Portuguese
TOPIC STARTER
Multiterm Apr 2, 2006

Ralf Lemster wrote:

Hi phaelbr,
Which version of MTiX are you using (full version number including the 'build number', please - go to Help - About... to find out)?

6.0.1.209 (Build 209)

Do you mean that 503 entries were converted?

"The termbase conversion is complete"
Number of entries: 503

I don´t get any message.. I just don´t get any entry...

Why are you creating a new termbase (as opposed to using the one you created on the basis of the definition (.xdt) generated during conversion)?
because I used .xdt and got no entry....so I`m creating a new one and importing the xml file

Best regards,
Ralf

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:18
English to German
+ ...
Creation and import are two subsequent steps Apr 2, 2006

Hi again,
Please refer to the forum FAQ (use the link at the top of the page) on how to use the quoting function.

6.0.1.209 (Build 209)

This is a very outdated version, which was replaced in the summer of 2003. Conversion of legacy MT5.x termbases should work - but converting Excel tables, for instance, does not.

I don´t get any message.. I just don´t get any entry...

Well, you wouldn't, because at that point, you haven't imported anything. Creating the termbase only creates the structure of your database.
Importing the entries is the second step. In the latest version, this is under Termbase - Import entries: select the default import definition and click on Process....

because I used .xdt and got no entry....so I`m creating a new one and importing the xml file

Right step, wrong preparation - it's very likely that your import file doesn't match the structure of the additional termbase you created.

HTH, Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Trados 6.5 Multiterm ix - problems with conversion from MT5.x

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »