Eugenia Lourenco
Eugenia Lourenco  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 22:19
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Jan 4, 2006

Hi,

Could anyone help me? How can I 'transform' a .tmw file (trados workbench translation memory file) into a .tmx or a .xml file?

Is it possible?

Thank you.

Balttext
Balttext  Identity Verified
Latvia
Local time: 00:19
English to Latvian
+ ...
TMX Jan 5, 2006

Eugenia Lourenco wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone help me? How can I 'transform' a .tmw file (trados workbench translation memory file) into a .tmx or a .xml file?

Is it possible?

Thank you.

Hi,

Try this, open the workbench, File > Export > OK > choose:
Save as type : TMX

Hope it helps,

Uldis

[Edited at 2006-01-05 08:30]

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 23:19
English to German
Simply export it as TMX Jan 5, 2006

All you have to do is open it with Trados and export it as TMX. Note that you need all TM files not just the .TMW file.

Hynek Palatin
Hynek Palatin  Identity Verified
Czech Republic
Local time: 23:19
English to Czech
+ ...
Export into TMX Jan 5, 2006

Sure - in Workbench, open the TM, go to File - Export and in the "Create Export File" window select the TMX format (there are 3 versions available in Trados 7.1).

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TM's: .tmw file into .tmx or .xml

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »