TRADOS won't clean up file or save to target PPT with error message.
Thread poster: Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
Sep 22, 2005

Dear All,

I first searched this forum but could not find an answer to this weird situation, so post it here.

I'm using TRADOS version: 6.5.5.438 to translate a ttx file. It seemed that the file was translated one sentence by somebody else and saved as a ttx. When I was translating the file, moving between segments, there prompted the message:

Failed to create component Trados.PowerPointParagraphIdentifier

As the translation could go on without any other problem, I simply ignored the message and finished the job.

But when I wanted to save the target as a PPT file, the message prompted again and refused to save. I tried to clean the file but also failed with the same message displayed in the status bar of the Clean up window.

Can anybody help me out with this please? I don't think my TRADOS missed anything. Is there a possibility that someone else used TRADOS 7 to save the ttx file and caused this problem?

Thanks in advance.

mbtridiom
mbtridiom
Local time: 01:59
Italian to Spanish
+ ...
Same problem with Excel Sep 12, 2006

Hi, I also have version 7.0 and have the same problem but regarding Excel files. The comment I get is:

"Failed to Create component Trados. Excel.TagFormatter"

If I find out how to solve it I will let you know! It probably is applicable to all office.

Marta

Jianjun Zhang
Jianjun Zhang  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 00:59
English to Chinese
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank YOU! Sep 12, 2006

Marta Bernar Arocena wrote:

Hi, I also have version 7.0 and have the same problem but regarding Excel files. The comment I get is:

"Failed to Create component Trados. Excel.TagFormatter"

If I find out how to solve it I will let you know! It probably is applicable to all office.

Marta

Hi Marta,

The post was an old one. The problem was solved by using WordFast to translate the file instead, giving up the ttx file altogether. Recently I upgraded to SDLX and translating PowerPoint file is much more easier.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

TRADOS won't clean up file or save to target PPT with error message.

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »