How can I analyse Workbench RTF against a TM?
Thread poster: Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Local time: 15:29
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
Mar 11, 2005

A client sent me a set of Worbench RTF files to be translated using Trados Tag Editor. I have never worked with Workbench-tagged .rtf before but I suppose it will run as smoothly as any other kind of Tag Editor translation (with which I have sufficent experience).

However, I have been trying to find (in Trados Help and this forum) a method for analysing these files against a Translation Memory (to get the usual table with Repetitions; 100%; 95%-99%; etc. going down to 50%-75% and N
... See more
A client sent me a set of Worbench RTF files to be translated using Trados Tag Editor. I have never worked with Workbench-tagged .rtf before but I suppose it will run as smoothly as any other kind of Tag Editor translation (with which I have sufficent experience).

However, I have been trying to find (in Trados Help and this forum) a method for analysing these files against a Translation Memory (to get the usual table with Repetitions; 100%; 95%-99%; etc. going down to 50%-75% and No Match, on the basis of which I calculate the rate I charge for my work), but I have not been able to find out how to carry out such analysis.

I will appreciate any advice in this direction.

Antonin

[Edited at 2005-03-11 17:43]

[Edited at 2005-03-11 17:44]
Collapse

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
...save as TTX first? Mar 11, 2005

Hi Antonin,
I have no direct experience with Workbench RTF files, but couldn't you save them as TTX before analysing them?

Best, Ralf

Antoní­n Otáhal
Antoní­n Otáhal
Member (2005)
English to Czech
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Yes! It works Mar 11, 2005

Thank you very much.

Sorry I did not come to think of it myself.

Antonin

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How can I analyse Workbench RTF against a TM?

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »