Scammer!
Thread poster: Salah Mamoun
Salah Mamoun
Salah Mamoun
Sudan
Oct 26, 2017

A lady named Astrid Henrikson approached me in fb claiming she is the office manager of Deichmanske bibliotek, Oslo - Norway. i accepted her friend's request. A few days later, as my profile says am a translator, she offered me a translation job of 4500 words @ Euro 0.06 per word Arabic to English. She promised to send me my money by check within 10 days from receiving the translated file. I finished the job three days ahead of deadline. It was the first time for me to deal with a foreign client... See more
A lady named Astrid Henrikson approached me in fb claiming she is the office manager of Deichmanske bibliotek, Oslo - Norway. i accepted her friend's request. A few days later, as my profile says am a translator, she offered me a translation job of 4500 words @ Euro 0.06 per word Arabic to English. She promised to send me my money by check within 10 days from receiving the translated file. I finished the job three days ahead of deadline. It was the first time for me to deal with a foreign client, so I was keen to impress her. She received the translated file and next day unfriended and blocked me. I just want to let you know about this scammer!Collapse

Sheila Wilson
Sheila Wilson  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 09:52
Member (2007)
English
+ ...
Oh, dear; that's so sad Oct 30, 2017

Salah Mamoun wrote:
A lady named Astrid Henrikson approached me in fb claiming she is the office manager of Deichmanske bibliotek, Oslo - Norway. i accepted her friend's request. A few days later, as my profile says am a translator, she offered me a translation job of 4500 words @ Euro 0.06 per word Arabic to English. She promised to send me my money by check within 10 days from receiving the translated file. I finished the job three days ahead of deadline. It was the first time for me to deal with a foreign client, so I was keen to impress her. She received the translated file and next day unfriended and blocked me. I just want to let you know about this scammer!

Sorry to hear you got treated so badly, Salah.

I know it's too late for this job, but to avoid it happening in the future I recommend you review all the scams in the Scam Centre here, and also study the Wiki(s) on Risk Management. Links are: https://www.proz.com/about/translator-scam-alerts and http://wiki.proz.com/wiki/index.php/Category:Risk_management

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Scammer!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »