Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 21:25
German to English
+ ...
Jun 5, 2007

Hallo,

I've just posted a volunteer job (174644) that needs to be done by tomorrow night. I tickmarked the box that says I'd like non-members to be able to see the job too, but the system automatically changed the option to "non-members will be restricted from posting for 12 hours" because of the "large number of members available for the job".

As this is a volunteer job, could someone please remove the restriction.

Thanks,
Anu

Marina Soldati
Marina Soldati  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 16:25
Member (2005)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Contact a job moderator Jun 6, 2007

Hi Swaiyam,
I think it would be better to contact a job moderator rather than post in the forums, you`ll surely get a reply from one of them.
Regards,
Marina

Anu Mukharji-Gorski
Anu Mukharji-Gorski  Identity Verified
Germany
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Moderator Jun 6, 2007

Marina Soldati wrote:

I think it would be better to contact a job moderator

Thanks Marina,
I've now done so

Anu

Tanja K
Tanja K  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
had the exact same problem Jun 6, 2007

Swaiyam wrote:

Hallo,

I've just posted a volunteer job (174644) that needs to be done by tomorrow night. I tickmarked the box that says I'd like non-members to be able to see the job too, but the system automatically changed the option to "non-members will be restricted from posting for 12 hours" because of the "large number of members available for the job".

As this is a volunteer job, could someone please remove the restriction.

Thanks,
Anu

Hi Anu,

I had the exact same problem a few days ago and submitted a support ticket.

Here's the answer I received:

--------------------------

The option have not been properly set may be (1 hour, 45 mins since ticket submitted )

Dear Tanja,

If you have chosen after the question: Limit this job to (paying) members of ProZ.com? No, allow non-members to express interest then non-members will be notified of the job.
The problem here might have been that you have scrolled down and the option was not set.
The default option is always: Allow Non-members to quote after 12 hours.

I have tried to reproduced the problem and I was perfecrtly able to post the job allowing non-members to express their interest.

Please try again and if you encounter the same problem, do not hesitate to contact me again.

Best regards,

Florencia Vita
ProZ.com Staff

-----------------------------

Perhaps this helps.

Tanja

[Edited at 2007-06-06 09:13]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Why is my job posting restricted to "members only"

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »