Katalin Horváth McClure
Katalin Horváth McClure  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 04:20
Member (2002)
English to Hungarian
+ ...
Jan 11, 2012

Today I replied to a message that came through the Connect! system. On the reply form there is a button that says "Attach a file". When I clicked on it, I had to select the file, then I had to "Upload" it, then I had to click the "Send" button.
Now, this action does not attach the file to the actual message, it sends a separate email to the client, with a link to download the file.
Why is this set up like this?
Why is it better for the client to receive two separate email mess
... See more
Today I replied to a message that came through the Connect! system. On the reply form there is a button that says "Attach a file". When I clicked on it, I had to select the file, then I had to "Upload" it, then I had to click the "Send" button.
Now, this action does not attach the file to the actual message, it sends a separate email to the client, with a link to download the file.
Why is this set up like this?
Why is it better for the client to receive two separate email messages, one with the text of the reply and another with the link to the file that was supposed to be attached?
From the client's point of view, I think it is hard to keep track of things, especially when the Subject of those two emails don't seem to be related (cannot search by name, for example) - imagine, if the client gets 50 responses times two emails, and then needs to sort out which email belongs with which file sending notice? Not a pleasant experience, I bet.

I believe on the regular Quote form that is used for regular job posts the files are in fact attached to the actual email, not sent separately. Why is it that the Connect! platform, that supposed to be superior to the regular public job post system is in fact inferior in its practical ways?

Could this be fixed, please?
Katalin

[Edited at 2012-01-11 15:30 GMT]
Collapse

Alejandro Cavalitto
Alejandro Cavalitto  Identity Verified
Argentina
Local time: 05:20
Member (2008)
English to Spanish
+ ...
Thanks for pointing this out Jan 11, 2012

Dear Katalin,

Thanks for pointing this out. I have added this suggestion to our backlog of ideas and suggestions for site improvement, to be evaluated for possible future implementation.

Best regards,
Alejandro

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Connect Platform issues with attachments

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »