A little questionnaire about cooperation with field experts
Thread poster: jelenakro
jelenakro
jelenakro
Latvia
Apr 22, 2015

Dear Proz.com community members,

I am a student of a master's degree programme "Translation" in Latvian University. I would appreciate if you take your time to fill the following Questionnaire in order to help me with my study regarding the prospects of cooperation between in-house tra
... See more
Dear Proz.com community members,

I am a student of a master's degree programme "Translation" in Latvian University. I would appreciate if you take your time to fill the following Questionnaire in order to help me with my study regarding the prospects of cooperation between in-house translators and field experts.

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1BCq-vqUdiVFig6mD5sBYJRDW7304sAYzYajyv3p6Ki8/viewform?usp=send_form

Thank you in advance,

Jelena
Collapse

Michael Wetzel
Michael Wetzel  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:20
German to English
in-house translators Apr 23, 2015

While there are a lot of in-house translators out there (in Germany, I think it is roughly 20% of translators in professional organizations), there are almost none here, because of the nature of the site. If your research really is specifically focussed on in-house translators, then you probably ought to see if you can find people to post it for you in the discussion forums of translators' associations (ATA, ITI, BDÜ, SFT, etc.).

Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida
Maria Teresa Borges de Almeida  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 11:20
Member (2007)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
European Institutions Apr 23, 2015

I would suggest that you get in touch with the Latvian translation units in the European Institutions (Commission, Council, Parliament, Court of Justice, Court of Auditors, Economic and Social Committee, Committee of the Regions…). The Portuguese translation unit where I worked for 20 years used to contact field experts quite often, particularly regarding jargon or complex terminology.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A little questionnaire about cooperation with field experts

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »