Fewtulip
Fewtulip
United States
Local time: 06:28
English to French
+ ...
Nov 4, 2014

Hello,

My candidacy for the training on translation from English to French with the online school CI3M was rejected.
They did not give me a clear reason why, except that my level is not sufficient. I emailed them and I am hoping they will be a little more precise in explaining this decision.

After college, I left my native France for the States where I have been living for the past 15 years. I recently left my big money job to go back to my first love: languages.
... See more
Hello,

My candidacy for the training on translation from English to French with the online school CI3M was rejected.
They did not give me a clear reason why, except that my level is not sufficient. I emailed them and I am hoping they will be a little more precise in explaining this decision.

After college, I left my native France for the States where I have been living for the past 15 years. I recently left my big money job to go back to my first love: languages. I have started to work on small but fun translation projects on Odesk.

At any rates, I am questioning my own choices, wondering if I should try something else. I really believed this school could help me but if they can't even take me in to teach me, then, what's left for me to do?

I was wondering if anybody on this forum had experience with this school?

Thanks for your help and time...
Collapse

Elvina Tran
Elvina Tran  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 12:28
German to French
+ ...
French forum Nov 5, 2014

Hello,

There are some threads related to CI3M in the French forum. Have you checked them?

FWIW, I know of a colleague who is quite happy with her CI3M translation training.

Fewtulip
Fewtulip
United States
Local time: 06:28
English to French
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
formation en traduction anglais-francais Nov 5, 2014

Hello Elvina and thank you so much for responding to my post.

I have read all the posts on this forum related to CI3M but unfortunately, I did not find the answer as far as how difficult it is to be admitted as a student. However, they did answer my request and emailed me a list of my mistakes. They did not provide a correction but I do see my errors of syntax, which they believe could have been avoided with a better documentation and research. And that is the thing: my purpose to
... See more
Hello Elvina and thank you so much for responding to my post.

I have read all the posts on this forum related to CI3M but unfortunately, I did not find the answer as far as how difficult it is to be admitted as a student. However, they did answer my request and emailed me a list of my mistakes. They did not provide a correction but I do see my errors of syntax, which they believe could have been avoided with a better documentation and research. And that is the thing: my purpose to study with CI3M is to learn a methodology. I mean, it is a 12-month online learning program to help a translator with the actual techniques. I made technical mistakes.. Wouldn't I be a perfect candidate?

If CI3M is so strict, is there anything else out there that I could try?

Thanks for your time everybody!
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

CI3M translation school online

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »