Giovanna Giudetti
Giovanna Giudetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:16
German to Italian
+ ...
Aug 13, 2013

Hi everybody,

I'm looking for online localisation courses and the only one I found so far is the one of the Imperial College of London. Could any of you recommend it? Do any of you know about any other courses?

Thanks!
Giovanna

Frankie JB
Frankie JB
France
English to French
+ ...
Localization courses online May 30, 2014

Ciao Giovanna, if you are still interested, here's one potential resource where you can develop your knowledge in L10N online:

http://www.tragoraformacion.com/cursos-para-traductores/

It's in Spanish but since you have it as source I think it should pose no problem. As of today they offer 3 courses on L10N: 1x (100h) on software localization and 2x (2x56h
... See more
Ciao Giovanna, if you are still interested, here's one potential resource where you can develop your knowledge in L10N online:

http://www.tragoraformacion.com/cursos-para-traductores/

It's in Spanish but since you have it as source I think it should pose no problem. As of today they offer 3 courses on L10N: 1x (100h) on software localization and 2x (2x56h) on video game localization. I can't tell if they are worth the money because I have not taken them (no entiendo mucho español) but they do look interesting. Other courses are offered too...

Besides, ProZ itself also offers a couple of webinars on L10N...
Collapse

Giovanna Giudetti
Giovanna Giudetti  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 13:16
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks! Jun 2, 2014

Thank you for the link Frankie!

Giovanna

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Nawal Kramer[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Feedback on localisation course

Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »