Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
Poll: When was the last time you did a marketing campaign for your services?
Thread poster: ProZ.com Staff
Mario Freitas
Mario Freitas  Identity Verified
Brazil
Local time: 08:30
Member (2014)
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Never Mar 7, 2017

John Fossey wrote:
Because marketing uncovers clients that pay well, rather than waiting for clients to come to you, who are generally the low-paying kind.

What an absolutely very wrong view of the market, isn't it? This makes no sense at all, John. You are making something that works or didn't work for you a rule (a very undue and unsubstantiated one). It's exactly the opposite for me, but I'm not gonna post it here as a rule. You keep spending time and money with your marketing to get good clients, and I'll keep refusing jobs from clients that pay very good rates because I don't have time to do all the jobs I get from "clients that come to me", without spending a cent or a second with marketing.

Please note that 41% of the votes are for "Never", and 15% "I don't remember", which makes the majority (56%) either think quite the opposite of what you stated or they are all working for peanuts.

[Edited at 2017-03-07 00:25 GMT]

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Jared Tabor[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Poll: When was the last time you did a marketing campaign for your services?

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »