how to open a SDLTB fie
Thread poster: Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna
Angel Llacuna  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 10:58
English to Spanish
Jul 4, 2023

how I can open a file with extension sdltb (SDL Term Base) .

I have memoQ, but not Trados.

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 09:58
Danish to English
+ ...
Closedtags Jul 4, 2023

There used to be an SDLTB converter at https://closedtags.com/trados-studio-resource-converter/, but it has disappeared.

I can email you the executable if you like. It's just a Java file.

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Angel Jul 4, 2023

Angel Llacuna wrote:
How can I open a file with extension .SDLTB (SDL Term Base)? I have memoQ, but not Trados.

You can convert the SDLTB file to Excel using the SDL Glossary Converter. I'm not sure if the latest version of the Glossary Converter requires you to have Trados installed, however. I tested it by dragging and dropping an SDLTM file onto it and it instantly converted it to an XLSX file. You have mail.

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
There used to be an SDLTB converter at https://closedtags.com/trados-studio-resource-converter/, but it has disappeared.

Yes, this is Van Nellen's SDL Resource Converter. I regularly use it to convert SDLTM files, but it can also convert SDLTB files. My version is from 11/11/2016 (5200 KB), which I believe is the latest version (you can check the file modification date by unzipping the JAR file).

[Edited at 2023-07-04 16:41 GMT]

Stepan Konev
Stepan Konev  Identity Verified
Russian Federation
Local time: 11:58
English to Russian
WF Converter Jul 4, 2023

Also you can use this converter:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tEzHknlJCaCz_4gUKrdoSx3lFwGKYFVl/view?usp=sharing
Make sure that both files are always available in one folder (sqlite3.dll and WfConverter.exe). Sometimes AV may remove the dll f
... See more
Also you can use this converter:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1tEzHknlJCaCz_4gUKrdoSx3lFwGKYFVl/view?usp=sharing
Make sure that both files are always available in one folder (sqlite3.dll and WfConverter.exe). Sometimes AV may remove the dll file.
Collapse

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Odent's WF Converter Jul 4, 2023

Yes, this is Odent's WfConverter. Thanks for sharing version 11.70. I have versions 11.68, 11.79 and 11.84 (download here). I have tried all four on a sample SDLTB file but they all give error messages. This has been my experience with Odent's converter -- it's not very reliable for SDL files (including TMs).

[Edited at 2023-07-04 19:56 GMT]

Stepan Konev

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I found and used this alternative : Jul 5, 2023

I made a conversion to TMX from Xbench and then imported the resulting file to memoQ (option Import Terminology)

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
@Angel Jul 5, 2023

Angel Llacuna wrote:
I made a conversion to TMX from Xbench...

You might have used the free version of Xbench, which is supposedly not Unicode aware, so double-check your results to see if non-US characters were transferred correctly.

Angel Llacuna
Spain
English to Spanish
TOPIC STARTER
I used the pay version of Xbench ... Jul 5, 2023

the conversion went smoothly

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to open a SDLTB fie

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »