Thread poster: Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:03
German to English
+ ...
Jun 2, 2023

For the last few months, I've mostly had to force memoQ 8.3 to close using Task Manager as it simply won't let me click the 'x' button. I also often have to forcibly close and then reopen memoQ if I want to leave one project and get back to the list of projects on the dashboard - if I close the 'Project home' tab, memoQ simply freezes. This is an inconvenience but not impossible to live with. However, the other day, memoQ froze while I was working on a project and the problem kept recurring (tri... See more
For the last few months, I've mostly had to force memoQ 8.3 to close using Task Manager as it simply won't let me click the 'x' button. I also often have to forcibly close and then reopen memoQ if I want to leave one project and get back to the list of projects on the dashboard - if I close the 'Project home' tab, memoQ simply freezes. This is an inconvenience but not impossible to live with. However, the other day, memoQ froze while I was working on a project and the problem kept recurring (triggered by various things - confirming a segment, adding a comment, opening a file...) no matter how many times I closed and reopened the program/restarted my laptop. In the end, I left memoQ open for a couple of hours while I went away and did something else, and since then it's been fine (better than before, actually!) but I'm worried it will freeze again when I don't have time to just wait for it to sort itself out. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem might be? I haven't been getting any error messages, so it's hard to know where to start. Thanks!Collapse

Carolyn Korzilius
Carolyn Korzilius
United Kingdom
German to English
"MemoQ 8.3 won't shut down/freezes" Jun 2, 2023

I had this same problem also using 8.6, 9.3, previously unproblematic, both on line and offline. I had to delete multiple folders and projects, not attach certain My Docs files and now it works again. All versions seemed to have things added and I wonder if ithe additions were too much for the version to handle. So just using fewer resources was the only way.

Charlotte Smith
Charlotte Smith  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
"MemoQ 8.3 won't shut down/freezes" Jun 28, 2023

Oddly, this problem seems to have resolved itself (for now) as memoQ has started working normally again, even closing properly, which it hasn't done in ages. I haven't consciously done anything to fix it but I think forcing memoQ to close every time it got stuck may have been perpetuating the problem. Recently I clicked the exit cross and just forgot about it for ages and eventually it closed itself, so maybe that allowed it to sort itself out.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

MemoQ 8.3 won't shut down/freezes

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »