Thread poster: italia
italia
italia  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 07:25
Italian to German
+ ...
Aug 10, 2004

Dear all, I have just received my first enquiry from an UK based agency asking for my interpreting rates. Given that I have not worked for the Uk, yet, I would appreciate it, if anyone could enlighten me about standard rates for business, simultaneous, consecutive and chouchotage assignments.
TIA for all your comments!!!
Best regards from Germany

Pat Jenner (X)
Pat Jenner (X)
Local time: 06:25
German to English
+ ...
Bad news Aug 10, 2004

Hope you're sitting down to read this. The dominant agency in the UK pays £240 a day (you may get slightly more from others, but not much). Also, nearly all assignments are two-way, i.e. in your case you would be working between English and German or between English and Italian. Feel free to contact me privately if I can help with any more info.

lucydin
lucydin
United Kingdom
English to French
translation agencies Aug 11, 2004

Pat Jenner wrote:

Hope you're sitting down to read this. The dominant agency in the UK pays £240 a day (you may get slightly more from others, but not much). Also, nearly all assignments are two-way, i.e. in your case you would be working between English and German or between English and Italian. Feel free to contact me privately if I can help with any more info.

Hi, I am also just starting out and havn't even completed my profile yet. What is thebest translation agency in UK - is it the dominant one you refer to?

Magda Dziadosz
Magda Dziadosz  Identity Verified
Poland
Local time: 07:25
Member (2004)
English to Polish
+ ...
Please, don't discuss clients on the forum Aug 11, 2004

lucydin wrote:

What is thebest translation agency in UK - is it the dominant one you refer to?

The Blue Board is the appropriate place for sharing your opinions regarding the desirability of a given client, please don't use forum to exhange opinions about clients. (See FAQ )

Thanks,
Magda

Monika Sojka
Monika Sojka  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2003)
English to Polish
+ ...
anything from £150 to £350 Aug 12, 2004

in my case at least. My usual rate for consecutive interpreting is £150/day + expenses but have had one assignment for £350/day. I don't do simultaneous so can't really help you on this one. Rates for public services, however, are much much lower. Feel free to contact me should you need more info.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

interpreting rates in the UK

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »