Thread poster: BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
Local time: 14:02
English to German
+ ...
Feb 25, 2003

How can I get my ID on my profile page verified?

Thanks,

Birgit

Russell Jones
Russell Jones  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:02
Italian to English
ID Verification Feb 25, 2003

If you understand Italian, Gianfranco Manca\'s message to Italian members is comprehensive and reassuring, at:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&forum_id=26&topic_id=8837

Ciao

Russell

BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ID Verification Feb 26, 2003

Hello Russell,

Thank you for the link, but unfortunately I don\'t understand Italian.

Birgit

Parrot
Parrot  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 20:02
Spanish to English
+ ...
There are 100 ProZ members all over the world who can do this Feb 26, 2003

Your location might give an idea of the closest one in your area.

BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ID verification Feb 26, 2003

I wished I knew who these 100 Proz members are. I have contacted the moderator of the German forum, but I have not received any reply so far.

Ulrike Lieder (X)
Ulrike Lieder (X)  Identity Verified
Local time: 11:02
English to German
+ ...
In memoriam
Check out Ralf's posting in the German forum Feb 26, 2003

Ralf Lemster posted a message on this topic in the German forum which might answer your questions:

http://www.proz.com/?sp=bb/viewtopic&topic_id=8741&forum_id=27

Jack Doughty
Jack Doughty  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Russian to English
+ ...
In memoriam
ID verified at Powwow but no BrowniZ Feb 26, 2003

My ID has been verified, presumably by Henry himself who met me at the London Powwow last year. But I have never been credited any BrowniZ for attending it.

Mário Seita
Mário Seita  Identity Verified
Portugal
English to Portuguese
+ ...
Check out this page Feb 26, 2003

http://www.proz.com/?sp=info/idv

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-26 03:48]

BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
ID Verification Feb 26, 2003

Thanks for the link, Mario, that\'s exactly what I was looking for.

Birgit

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
Sorry, no contact... Feb 26, 2003

Quote:

On 2003-02-26 00:15, bbaur wrote:

I wished I knew who these 100 Proz members are. I have contacted the moderator of the German forum, but I have not received any reply so far.

I am the moderator of the German forum, but I have not seen any message from Birgit.

Ralf

Andrei Albu
Andrei Albu
Romania
Local time: 21:02
Member (2002)
English to Romanian
+ ...
Platinum = Verified? Feb 26, 2003

One of the ID verification methods is:

\"Credit Card / Platinum Payment Method

A member who has paid for premium or platinum membership using a credit card, paypal or other method is considered verified.\"

I paid by wire transfer last year. Why am I not verified yet? Should I place a request? Where? To whom?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

[ This Message was edited by:on2003-02-26 12:09]

Mary Worby
Mary Worby  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
German to English
+ ...
Not all verification methods have been implemented yet ... Feb 26, 2003

Quote:

I paid by wire transfer last year. Why am I not verified yet? Should I place a request? Where? To whom?

The identification verification process will take some time. Only the first method, the \'web of trust\', has, as yet, been implemented. Further steps will follow. Please be patient

Regards

... See more
Quote:

The identification verification process will take some time. Only the first method, the \'web of trust\', has, as yet, been implemented. Further steps will follow. Please be patient

Regards

Mary ▲ Collapse

BBaur (X)
BBaur (X)
United States
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
I'm sorry, Ralf Feb 26, 2003

apparently you have not received my email which I have sent through your profile page. I think I may have to contact technical support, as I have contacted others, too, and have not received any reply. I apologize.

Birgit

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Germany
English to German
+ ...
This process will take some time Feb 26, 2003

As Mary correctly pointed out, we\'re at the start of a process that - by its very nature - is going to be a lengthy one. Simple reason: look at the numbers; taking shortcuts is certainly not a good idea.

A couple of points I would like to emphasise:

• Not yet verified? Nothing to worry. There is no site function at present where a verified ID makes any difference at all. Nothing will be changed until this has been properly rolled... See more
As Mary correctly pointed out, we\'re at the start of a process that - by its very nature - is going to be a lengthy one. Simple reason: look at the numbers; taking shortcuts is certainly not a good idea.

A couple of points I would like to emphasise:

• Not yet verified? Nothing to worry. There is no site function at present where a verified ID makes any difference at all. Nothing will be changed until this has been properly rolled out.

• ProZ.com staff are fully aware that there are numerous members who have never attended any get-together, and probably will not get a chance to do so in the near future. That is why alternative methods are being analysed, but we all want to get this right rather than rushing it. I\'m sure you\'ll agree.

In the meantime, it will be very helpful if you refrain from bombarding ProZ.com with inquiries when, why or how your ID will be verified. Rest assured that moderators will keep an eye on the proper communication and rollout of this scheme.

Best regards, Ralf

Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

ID verification

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »