Páginas no tópico:   [1 2] >
Bank transfers between BE and DE take 3 weeks!
Tópico cartaz: Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl
Gillian Searl  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Local time: 01:35
alemão para inglês
Mar 7, 2002

I\'ve been told by an agency in Belgium that they paid me my money (after 60 days) on 20/2/02 into my German bank account. I keep checking my bank account and am in touch with the agency - but no money. They say, \"It\'s not our fault. We know from experience it takes three weeks to arrive in your account. Europe is unified, but the banks still aren\'t....\"

What do you think of this statement? I think they\'re having me on!

Hans-Henning Judek
Hans-Henning Judek  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:35
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Yes, I think they do! Mar 7, 2002

I am away from Germany for quite a while, but when I transfer money to and from Japan from/to Germany, it takes 2 days telegraphic and 5 days by mail.

As far as I know are the banks only allowed a certain processing time. Within Germany 2 or 3 days. This is the time, where they make their money with our money.

Therefore I sincerely doubt the 3 weeks.

Egmont
Egmont
Espanha
Local time: 02:35
africâner para espanhol
+ ...
SWIFT CODE Mar 7, 2002

If you ask your Swift Code to your Bank. you will receive the money in a few days (2-5).

Best wishes,
[addsig]

Egmont
Egmont
Espanha
africâner para espanhol
+ ...
SWIFT CODE Mar 7, 2002

If you ask your Swift Code to your Bank and send that code to your client, you will receive the money in a few days (2-5).

Best wishes,
[addsig]

Chinapix
Chinapix
Local time: 08:35
inglês para francês
+ ...
What's about asking your bank in Germany, how long they would take to transfer money Mar 7, 2002

... into a Belgium account? than you\'ll have a precise idea.

Chinapix
Chinapix
Local time: 08:35
inglês para francês
+ ...
Just ask a bank Mar 7, 2002

in Germany how long they would take to transfer money into a Belgium account. Then you\'ll know precicely. I think too, they are having you. Let them fax the transfer doc\'s!

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
Reino Unido
Membro (2004)
inglês para italiano
too long... Mar 7, 2002

it takes 3-5 days from Italy to the UK, and the banking system in Italy is pretty appalling.

GG

Pee Eff (X)
Pee Eff (X)
Alemanha
inglês para alemão
+ ...
trying to gain time... Mar 7, 2002

This is definitely far too long! I don\'t know between Belgium and Germany, but at least between Germany and Spain, doing a normal Auslands-Überweisung without any express options or something, the money takes only 4-5 days!

Good luck!

Patrick

Sven Petersson
Sven Petersson  Identity Verified
Suécia
inglês para sueco
+ ...
The agency is very economic with the truth! Mar 7, 2002

It takes 2-3 days.

Please post full details of the agency under \"Agency ratings\" for the benefit of your fellow translators!

Sven.

Werner George Patels, M.A., C.Tran.(ATIO) (X)
Local time: 20:35
alemão para inglês
+ ...
I smell a rat too Mar 7, 2002

Sven is right: you should post the information on the Agency Board.

This kind of excuse is heard frequently these days. Just the other day, another translator posting to the TCR list told a horrible story of lies and deception (for months, her client would insist on having transferred the money, yet he was unable to provide any proof of the transfer; instead, he accused her of \"blackmailing\" him into a \"second\" transfer - ridiculous).

Gillian Searl
Reino Unido
alemão para inglês
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
I put them on the list Mar 7, 2002

The name\'s O.C.E.

Local time: 20:35
alemão para inglês
+ ...
O.C.E Mar 7, 2002

Well, there we go. That is the same agency I referred to in my example from the TCR list.

They are \"well-known\".

allys
allys  Identity Verified
inglês para russo
+ ...
Advice Mar 7, 2002

Dear Gillian,

If you are told that they have transferred money, always ask and continue asking to fax you bank confirmation that money has been transferred by agency – it’s easy and doesn’t take time.

It usually takes 3-4 days to transfer money to Ukraine from any country (e.g., USA, Ireland, Norway).

Best regards,

Alexander

Gillian Searl
Reino Unido
alemão para inglês
CRIADOR(A) DO TÓPICO
If anyone wants more of this ... Mar 7, 2002

I\'ve put the full details on the TCR list - just search for O.C.E. Belgium

Astrid Elke Witte
Astrid Elke Witte  Identity Verified
Alemanha
Membro (2002)
alemão para inglês
+ ...
Transfer time between Britain and Germany Mar 7, 2002

I can only contribute the information that Internet transfers/transfers by automatic banking, which most companies participate in, take exactly two days between Britain and Germany, and never longer.

As has already been suggested, you should always ask for proof on paper that something has been done.

Páginas no tópico:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Bank transfers between BE and DE take 3 weeks!

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »