Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Local time: 22:20
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
Aug 21, 2019

Thanks for the update. Where can I find what's new in this release?

Samuel Murray
Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Hidden away... Aug 21, 2019

Wolfgang Schoene wrote:
Where can I find what's new in this release?

It took me a while to find it, but here it is:
https://wordfast.com/support_release_notes#wfp5

Essentially, they've added an "extract uniques" feature to the quick tools, you can now use MT during pre-translation, and there is an extra table filter to show only unique segments. They also added TransCheck and Segment Changes to the quick tools, where it should have been from the beginning (although you can still use those features in the Project Files view on a per-file basis).

The "extract uniques" and "populate uniques" options are on two separate tabs and not a single tab, even though they are two steps of the same feature.

I don't see any mention of this on the release notes page, but: they've removed the ribbon on the Quick Tools (there is no option to re-enable it). All buttons that used to be on the ribbon, are now on the the main screen, visually closer to the parts of the screen where they apply. Unfortunately, they've removed text labels for all the buttons (so you have to hover for tooltips on each and every icon... i.e., mystery meat navigation).

I'm not sure when this happened, but the Cleanup tab is now called "TM Update".

[Edited at 2019-08-21 10:06 GMT]

Wolfgang Schoene
Wolfgang Schoene  Identity Verified
France
Member (2007)
English to German
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Newly released v5.10 of WFP5 Aug 21, 2019

Hi Samuel
same here, just found it

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Newly released v5.10 of WFP5

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »