Pages in topic:   [1 2] >
How long does it take to get your new WF license validated?
Thread poster: Edward Potter
Edward Potter
Edward Potter  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 08:10
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
Oct 29, 2004

I finally bought the updated version of WordFast about 4 hours ago. I am anxiously awaiting the email with my validation code as I have a job that I am doing and need it. How long does it usually take for this?

By the way, I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't offered the option of paying with PayPal or MoneyBookers. Oh well.

Henry Dotterer
Henry Dotterer
Local time: 02:10
SITE FOUNDER
Did you purchase through ProZ.com? Oct 29, 2004

Hello edward. Did you purchase Wordfast through ProZ.com?

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
No I didn't Oct 29, 2004

Henry,

I had checked to see if there was some offer for WordFast on the Proz homepage. As there wasn't, I went directly to wordfast.net to buy it directly from them. Was there an option to pay by PayPal through Proz?

Edward

Graciela Carlyle
Graciela Carlyle  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 07:10
English to Spanish
+ ...
things must have changed... Oct 29, 2004

Edward Potter wrote:
How long does it usually take for this?

By the way, I was a bit disappointed that I wasn't offered the option of paying with PayPal or MoneyBookers. Oh well.

Hi Edward,

I got my license within a few hours (don't remember exactly how many though).
What I'm sure about is that I paid by PayPal...this was about 2 years ago...

Hope you get your license soon.
Regards,
Grace.

Heinrich Pesch
Heinrich Pesch  Identity Verified
Finland
Local time: 09:10
Member (2003)
Finnish to German
+ ...
This is probably done manually Oct 30, 2004

So it's best to register on mondays. When I bought my update to Trados I had to wait from Friday till Wednesday. But probably Yves will work on Saturdays too, so don't panic yet.
Regards
Heinrich

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Problem mostly solved Oct 30, 2004

My payment never went through to the WordFast website. It had rejected my credit card for some reason.

So, I have made another order through the Proz web site.

Henry, thanks for putting up the ad on the home page. Before I didn't find the purchase option because I had to switch tabs after getting to the WordFast page. That extra step kept me from making the purchase. Luckily I got a second chance so I hope it all gets processed tomorrow, Saturday.

I'll
... See more
My payment never went through to the WordFast website. It had rejected my credit card for some reason.

So, I have made another order through the Proz web site.

Henry, thanks for putting up the ad on the home page. Before I didn't find the purchase option because I had to switch tabs after getting to the WordFast page. That extra step kept me from making the purchase. Luckily I got a second chance so I hope it all gets processed tomorrow, Saturday.

I'll see everyone in Oxford next month!
Collapse

Antonella Andreella (X)
Antonella Andreella (X)  Identity Verified
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
How long does it take to receive Wordfast's license key? Nov 1, 2004

Hi all,

I'm sorry for urging it up but I'm working on a project and need Wordfast license key which I requested almost 3 hours ago. No reply yet.
Yes, I purchased through ProZ.com

Thanks in advance
Antonella

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
How long it took me Nov 1, 2004

Hi Antonella,

I put in my order for WordFast through Proz on Friday and did not get it until Sunday. Apparently the manual says that you shouldn't wait until the last moment. However the web site says you should get the license within 4-24 hours. That wasn't the case for me although the holiday weekend may have something to do with it (Halloween / All Saints Day). Good luck.

Edward

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
Thank you Edward Nov 1, 2004

Hi Edward,

thanks for your kind reply.
However since ProZ.com mail on Wordfast licensing instructions read:
"You will receive your license key via email shortly thereafter"
I thought I'll be receiving it in a few minutes or so.
If that's not the case, I suggest to modify the above sentence
with something like
"You will receive your license key via email with 4-24 hours"
which sounds much clearer.

See more
Hi Edward,

thanks for your kind reply.
However since ProZ.com mail on Wordfast licensing instructions read:
"You will receive your license key via email shortly thereafter"
I thought I'll be receiving it in a few minutes or so.
If that's not the case, I suggest to modify the above sentence
with something like
"You will receive your license key via email with 4-24 hours"
which sounds much clearer.

Antonella
Collapse

Edward Potter
Spain
Member (2003)
Spanish to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Shortly thereafter Nov 1, 2004

Well, "shortly thereafter" can mean just about anything. This was what Proz says. Proz is a distributor of the software so they may vary from ordering directly from WordFast. The yardstick I was using is the 4-24 hour time frame the WordFast web site mentions. I was very antsy over the weekend clicking on "receive" and waiting for that code. In the end I did a good part of my project without the software properly working. Not a tremendously big deal but it would have been nicer having it.<... See more
Well, "shortly thereafter" can mean just about anything. This was what Proz says. Proz is a distributor of the software so they may vary from ordering directly from WordFast. The yardstick I was using is the 4-24 hour time frame the WordFast web site mentions. I was very antsy over the weekend clicking on "receive" and waiting for that code. In the end I did a good part of my project without the software properly working. Not a tremendously big deal but it would have been nicer having it.

[Edited at 2004-11-02 00:11]
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
The answer is in the manual Nov 2, 2004

Edward Potter wrote: I was very antsy over the weekend clicking on "receive" and waiting for that code. In the end I did a good part of my project without the software properly working. Not a tremendously big deal but it would have been nicer having it.

Dear Edward and pals who will read this. A scare of manuals may have prevented you from reading Wordfast's, but the answer is there:

"If you intend to use Wordfast for professional activity, do not wait until the last minute to buy a license, as this process make take a day to complete (credit card) or a week (bank payment)."

My license was validated within a day or so.

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
The importance of a good information approach Nov 2, 2004

Dear Aleksandr,

since we're all working here and not playing, I think that such important information need to be written... for example on ProZ.com home page announcement or soon inside it.
Yes, it's useful to have it in the manual but since you first NEED to install Wordfast to read your installation number and thus ask for the license key and since the first time I downloaded Wordfast it was when it still was available for free and registered it (some years ago) I preferred
... See more
Dear Aleksandr,

since we're all working here and not playing, I think that such important information need to be written... for example on ProZ.com home page announcement or soon inside it.
Yes, it's useful to have it in the manual but since you first NEED to install Wordfast to read your installation number and thus ask for the license key and since the first time I downloaded Wordfast it was when it still was available for free and registered it (some years ago) I preferred to remove the old version of Wordfast before installing this new one, to avoid conflicts or so.
After having realized that I wasn't going to receive the license key immediately and that my TM for too big for being used on a non licensed copy of Wordfast I was FORCED to download it for free, I guess we all know from where, make a new installation and ask for a license key which came in "30 s e c o n d s". That's it. I'm sorry. But I needed to go on working.
Sales at a discounted price are important, if necessary, but please don't treat us like naif children! and write key information where everyone can read them _before_ installing the software.

Regards

Antonella
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
Thank you too, Antonella :) Nov 2, 2004

Antonella Andreella wrote: Dear Aleksandr,
since we're all working here and not playing,
Regards

Antonella

Dear Antonella
Your story is very exciting, but:
1) What do *I* have to do with Wordfast sales or Proz promo
2) You don't have to install WF in order to read the manual
3) I mentioned the manual in order to stress that the info was reliable.

Thank you for pointing to 'working' at the beginning. At last I understand why nobody at Proz is responding to my jokes.

Have fun (and a sense of humour)
Aleksandr

Antonella Andreella (X)
Italy
German to Italian
+ ...
:) Nov 2, 2004

Dear Aleksandr,

oh, I've a lot of sense of humour...

Well, of course I replied to your point regarding the manual and then I went on. It's clear you have nothing to do with the rest of my message. Sorry for not being clear on this.

I guess there's a great sense of humour in making someone install a software without allowing him/her to use it : ))))) even better if the poor guy/girl had to remove a previously perfectly working version of that same software :
... See more
Dear Aleksandr,

oh, I've a lot of sense of humour...

Well, of course I replied to your point regarding the manual and then I went on. It's clear you have nothing to do with the rest of my message. Sorry for not being clear on this.

I guess there's a great sense of humour in making someone install a software without allowing him/her to use it : ))))) even better if the poor guy/girl had to remove a previously perfectly working version of that same software : ))))

Antonella
Collapse

Aleksandr Okunev (X)
Aleksandr Okunev (X)
English to Russian
How to save the old Version of Wordfast Nov 2, 2004

Antonella Andreella wrote: I guess there's a great sense of humour in making someone install a software without allowing him/her to use it : ))))) even better if the poor guy/girl had to remove a previously perfectly working version of that same software : )))) Antonella

Yes there should be a well detailed fallback procedure.

Here it is. Prior to installing Wordfast, search your drive for:
wordfast.* and save everything in a safe place, having made a note where you copied them from.
In other words, if you simply work with WF without any tweaking, you should save the contents of MS Word 'startup' folder, most of the translators that I know make a backup of this folder once every 24 hours, as a matter of fact.

(He, who laughs last, probably has a fresh backup!)

Stay well Antonella and everyone
Aleksandr

Pages in topic:   [1 2] >

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

How long does it take to get your new WF license validated?

CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »