Off topic: Outta curiousity, how long does your client update their website after you translated it for them?
Thread poster: snowyash (X)
snowyash (X)
snowyash (X)
United States
Local time: 06:06
English to Thai
+ ...
May 14, 2011

And what would you do if you found their website updated with your translation, however proofread by someone inefficient so the actual output is actually wrong?!

Ashley Wans
Ashley Wans  Identity Verified
United States
Spanish to English
+ ...
Let them know. May 14, 2011

snowyash wrote:

And what would you do if you found their website updated with your translation, however proofread by someone inefficient so the actual output is actually wrong?!

I would (very politely, professionally) let them know that you noticed there are some errors in the content on the web page. If there are few enough that you can point them all out, I would do so and explain why they aren't quite right. If not, I would just point out a few prominent examples. I also would not state that whoever edited the text is incompetent or make any direct statements to that effective; I would simply explain the errors, and let the client decide if the proofer/editor is someone they want to continue to work with. And then I would accept whatever the client wants to do. They may not wish to fix the text for whatever reason (time, cost, faith in the editor's knowledge, etc.) and that is their decision.

snowyash (X)
snowyash (X)
United States
English to Thai
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thx u Ashley May 16, 2011

..for your advice.. I didn't have this client's direct contact though coz it's done through agency.. But I suppose I will ask the agency if they know anything about it. Thx again!

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Outta curiousity, how long does your client update their website after you translated it for them?

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »