HELP! Arabic localisation problem with Transit NXT
论题张贴者: Rebecca_M
Rebecca_M
Rebecca_M
Local time: 07:04
Arabic阿拉伯语译成English英语
Feb 18, 2010

Hi,
i am localising a paint-style program from English to Arabic using Star Transit NXT. However, my target file aligns all the menu headings and toolbar to the right reversing the layout of the window. This is not the desired effect as the layout needs to be preserved with the translated text remaining in its original location.

Please advise on how best to resolve this issue!

Many thanks,

Becs

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
埃及
Local time: 09:04
German德语译成Arabic阿拉伯语
+ ...
The settings are in the non-editable segments Feb 18, 2010

The settings for the item positions are in the non editable segments before the text you are editing.
So, view complete tags and rest the previous segment to the status not translated and accept the option, copy the source text.

Hopefully, this would be helping you

Best regards

Your Arabic Translation Team

Rebecca_M
Rebecca_M
Local time: 07:04
Arabic阿拉伯语译成English英语
主题发起人
Still encountering difficulties! Feb 19, 2010

Thankyou for your advice but unfortunately i have still not succeeded in resolving the problem.
I have displayed full mark up in both the source and target windows throughout the translation process and have not noticed any variation in this. Thus, i am currently in the long process of reviewing my target strings and periodically generating a target file to try and detect the location of the problem.

However, if you have any further advice, or i have misinterpreted what you a
... See more
Thankyou for your advice but unfortunately i have still not succeeded in resolving the problem.
I have displayed full mark up in both the source and target windows throughout the translation process and have not noticed any variation in this. Thus, i am currently in the long process of reviewing my target strings and periodically generating a target file to try and detect the location of the problem.

However, if you have any further advice, or i have misinterpreted what you already advised please please do contact me!

Many Thanks again,

Becs
Collapse

Brand Localization
Brand Localization
埃及
Local time: 09:04
German德语译成Arabic阿拉伯语
+ ...
Make sure Structure is not viewed Feb 20, 2010

The required settings for displaying the resource settings "View settings":
1- Marks: Full +
2- Unselect "Structure".
Then you'll see the previous non editable segments, that need to be reset to not translated (by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Backspace) just above the segment you are translating.

In that segment compare the 4 numbers coming after the parameter "coor" between the source and the target segment.

You can reset those altered parameters in the Ara
... See more
The required settings for displaying the resource settings "View settings":
1- Marks: Full +
2- Unselect "Structure".
Then you'll see the previous non editable segments, that need to be reset to not translated (by pressing Alt+Ctrl+Backspace) just above the segment you are translating.

In that segment compare the 4 numbers coming after the parameter "coor" between the source and the target segment.

You can reset those altered parameters in the Arabic Editor using Alt+Ctrl+Backspace.

That is all what you need to do to have the relevant GUI element to be the same like the source GUI.

Thanks

Your Arabic Translation Team
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

本论坛的版主
Maya Gorgoshidze[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

HELP! Arabic localisation problem with Transit NXT

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »