Thread poster: Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.
Noha Kamal, PhD.  Identity Verified
Local time: 09:21
English to Arabic
+ ...
Jan 27, 2008

Hi,

For those who word with Softitler, their in-house developed software is still not Vista-compatible. This problem is really bugging me as I have bought a new laptop recently that runs on Vista, but I have to hold on to my old system, for no reason other than Softitler. Now, I understand their website will not log you in, but can I at least install Eddie and use it on Vista? Any ideas? Thanks.

Best,
Noha

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 14:21
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Softitler not Vista Compatible Jan 28, 2008

Hi Noha,

This is Aniza.

Had the same problem too. I'm still waiting for them to resolve my IE problem. It worked well before but I don't know what went wrong, now it wouldn't work proper. I am not able to download the movie file from their portal. I've to used my son's PC to download movie which still runs on IE6.

You can use Eddie & UNSTools but make sure you open them as an administrator. Right click on the icon and select run as administrator or it m
... See more
Hi Noha,

This is Aniza.

Had the same problem too. I'm still waiting for them to resolve my IE problem. It worked well before but I don't know what went wrong, now it wouldn't work proper. I am not able to download the movie file from their portal. I've to used my son's PC to download movie which still runs on IE6.

You can use Eddie & UNSTools but make sure you open them as an administrator. Right click on the icon and select run as administrator or it might not work as you will be asked to register again. A webpage will open if you just click the application to open.

Let me know if they have solve your problem.. cos they have not replied to mine.

BTW, it runs proper if you are using standard language, such as English and the sorts. No Asian characteristics yet.
Collapse

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Meter Plus Jan 28, 2008

Hi Aniza,

Actually, I am not having problems with IE. My only problem is with Vista. So, I am afraid I am of little use to you here.

So, I gather that you managed to run Eddie on Vista? If so, how did you solve that Meterplus update problem? Because, I keep getting an error message that says "Metre Plus expired"!

Thanks

Aniza Borhan
Aniza Borhan  Identity Verified
Malaysia
Local time: 14:21
Member (2007)
English to Malay
+ ...
Eddie, UNSTools, etc Feb 1, 2008

Hi Noha,

Was "wandering" around before I manage to find this page again, LOL!

Anyway, my problem's solved. You've to make sure that you UAC (User account control something) ad your firewall are off (meaning, if you find that when you log on to SNL and there's an update, you'll have to make sure that your UAC and windows firewall are OFF - you'll have to restart, then log on back to SNL).

Once, that done, you should be able to download the Meter plus, etc.
... See more
Hi Noha,

Was "wandering" around before I manage to find this page again, LOL!

Anyway, my problem's solved. You've to make sure that you UAC (User account control something) ad your firewall are off (meaning, if you find that when you log on to SNL and there's an update, you'll have to make sure that your UAC and windows firewall are OFF - you'll have to restart, then log on back to SNL).

Once, that done, you should be able to download the Meter plus, etc.

Anyways, have you revert to their Helpdesk? They will somehow send your problem to Sofie, she's handling all this Vista machine problem.
Collapse

chord0
chord0
United States
English to Spanish
+ ...
free classes about windows vista Feb 1, 2008

hello

I am so glad I am still using windows xp and not windows vista, but my purpose here was not to sound too proud but really I want to help you.

I have been taking a number of classes thru hp.com, more precisely:
http://h30240.www3.hp.com

These classes are all free of charge, very informative on a variety of subject dealing with computers and their applications, a
... See more
hello

I am so glad I am still using windows xp and not windows vista, but my purpose here was not to sound too proud but really I want to help you.

I have been taking a number of classes thru hp.com, more precisely:
http://h30240.www3.hp.com

These classes are all free of charge, very informative on a variety of subject dealing with computers and their applications, and also windows vista, you can also make friends with some of the students there and exchange ideas.
Perhaps these classes would help you, as they have helped me with windows xp, word, excel, etc.

There is also a series of newsletters, also free of charge, in about.com, some of them deal with computers, culture, travel,literature, french; all subjects very interesting for a translator to know and study.

Good luck and if you have any questions about computers, I will try to help as best I can.
A former computer teacher
georgina
Collapse

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Got the whole Softitler work environment working on Vista Feb 3, 2008

Hi Aniza,

Thanks a bunch. Everything is working smooth now. Have fun

Ciao,
Noha

Noha Kamal, PhD.
English to Arabic
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks a bunch Feb 3, 2008

Thanks a zillion, Aniza. I never thought you were being proud at all Whatever gave you that idea!
And I will surely check out that website when I have time.
All the best,
Noha

Eddie crashes Dec 10, 2009

Hello everybody.
I'm having problems with Vista as well.
Precisely, the problem is that Eddie crashes after 5 to 10 minutes and I get a message saying "Runtime error".
Has this happened to anybody else?

Thank you all:)

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Softitler softerware not Vista-compatible

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »