Anyone else's SC-account flooded with spam?
Thread poster: Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich
Inez Ulrich  Identity Verified
Germany
Local time: 22:20
Member (2016)
English to German
+ ...
Jun 15, 2023

Hi all,
my SC-account is flooded with scam inquries since weeks now. I wrote to their support (which, of course too them a week to answer, theey have become utterly bad the last few years, really) and they told me they had blocked a few of those users and that a lot of people report scames, but how does that help if I get 5 new scam messages every day? Always a different name, so no way any blocking of certain accounts helps. Any advice? I don't want to delete my account even if I use it o
... See more
Hi all,
my SC-account is flooded with scam inquries since weeks now. I wrote to their support (which, of course too them a week to answer, theey have become utterly bad the last few years, really) and they told me they had blocked a few of those users and that a lot of people report scames, but how does that help if I get 5 new scam messages every day? Always a different name, so no way any blocking of certain accounts helps. Any advice? I don't want to delete my account even if I use it only occasionally and even though I haven't got any realy job offers since years now (actually, not translation jobs at all for about 2 years now, got really bad with covid and and it got worse and worse. I don't care because I have more than enough work in other linguistic areas, but my feeling is that there are only providers with extremely low rates that get jobs these days. I'm not sure, though, as I don't actively look for jobs any more.)
Collapse

Evgeny Sidorenko
Evgeny Sidorenko
Russian Federation
Local time: 23:20
English to Russian
+ ...
It's an ongoing issue for all Jun 16, 2023

It's a serious widespread problem now for SC, and there's nothing you can do but ignoring those. No sense in writing to the support as it's all one-time fake accounts generated by robots. Strangely enough, SC still can't introduce any kind of profile authorization system which would filter most of such accounts, and yes, their support is slow. Still, I have been getting a lot of work on that platform, so I would stick around anyway, just in case. SC has its advantages from where I stand. The mai... See more
It's a serious widespread problem now for SC, and there's nothing you can do but ignoring those. No sense in writing to the support as it's all one-time fake accounts generated by robots. Strangely enough, SC still can't introduce any kind of profile authorization system which would filter most of such accounts, and yes, their support is slow. Still, I have been getting a lot of work on that platform, so I would stick around anyway, just in case. SC has its advantages from where I stand. The main reason, as I see it, is though that some people fall for such simple, stupid, obvious scams, so it's the usual demand and offer, so to say.Collapse

There is no moderator assigned specifically to this forum.
To report site rules violations or get help, please contact site staff »

Anyone else's SC-account flooded with spam?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »