United Kingdom
Local time: 19:13
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Used it Feb 21, 2022

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

above...

If you think it's useful, I assume you've used it. What was your experience?

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
No... Feb 21, 2022

You don't have to use anything to find it useful. I find the concept of being able to contact the staff quickly, without submitting a support ticket, very useful. You don't? OK! You are even asking the staff your permission before they introduce a very common feature like a chat box? Astonishing.

Tom in London wrote:

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL wrote:

above...

If you think it's useful, I assume you've used it. What was your experience?

Christopher Schröder

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Just wanted to know Feb 21, 2022

I just wanted to know if your enthusiasm was based on actual experience. Now I know. Thanks.

Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL
Giovanni Guarnieri MITI, MIL  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Member (2004)
English to Italian
No problem... Feb 21, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

I just wanted to know if your enthusiasm was based on actual experience. Now I know. Thanks.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Now Feb 21, 2022

Now I'm finding that each time I click on the title of any forum topic, something flashes momentarily at the top left of my screen and then immediately disappears. It looks like two rectangular black frames, side by side, together with some sort of small blue icon of which this tiny fragment remains visible below "Track this topic". What the....?

Screen Shot 1

BTW I have turned off my blocker to make sure it isn't an advertisement.

Mike Donlin
Mike Donlin
Local time: 14:13
SITE STAFF
Track this post flash Feb 21, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

Now I'm finding that each time I click on the title of any forum topic, something flashes momentarily at the top left of my screen and then immediately disappears. It looks like two rectangular black frames, side by side, together with some sort of small blue icon of which this tiny fragment remains visible below "Track this topic". What the....?

Screen Shot 1

BTW I have turned off my blocker to make sure it isn't an advertisement.

Hi Tom,

Nothing should have changed in the forum, especially to create any flashing. Are you seeing this anywhere else on the site? Or only in the forum areas?

Mike

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:13
English to Romanian
+ ...
Who Mike is Feb 22, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

I don't know who "Mike" is. Why is he popping up like this?

[Edited at 2022-02-19 15:30 GMT]

Indeed, the function is not mentioned next to the name, as one might expect. It might be useful ...

I woudn't wonder if some newer members/users would not even know who Henry is (President).

Mike is Vice-President, External Opportunities.

Honestly, I don't think this chat box - although uneccesary, really - is the kind of feature that would need to be announced in advance.

Tom in London
Tom in London
United Kingdom
Member (2008)
Italian to English
TOPIC STARTER
Here's why Feb 23, 2022

Mihai Badea wrote:

...., I don't think this chat box - although uneccesary, really - is the kind of feature that would need to be announced in advance.

The fact that it wasn't announced in advance resulted in me having to waste my time finding out what it was, and dealing with it.

That's why things like this should be announced in advance.

[Edited at 2022-02-23 08:36 GMT]

Mihai Badea (X)
Mihai Badea (X)  Identity Verified
Luxembourg
Local time: 20:13
English to Romanian
+ ...
That would be nice Feb 23, 2022

Tom in London wrote:

The fact that it wasn't announced in advance resulted in me having to waste my time finding out what it was, and dealing with it.

That's why things like this should be announced in advance.

[Edited at 2022-02-23 08:36 GMT]

There was a time when, before implementation, a beta software version would be offered for testing purposes. But the world got quicker and quicker...

The thing seems to have disappeared. I myself thought of asking some tough linguistic questions, but refrained from doing so. I'm very happy about it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2 3]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

Moderator(s) of this forum
Lucia Leszinsky[Call to this topic]

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

New thing in the bottom right-hand corner

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »