Thread poster: Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:26
English
+ ...
Jun 14, 2001

In V2, once I had logged in, I stayed logged in. Whenever I moved to a new page it recognised that I was logged in. V3 refuses to do this.

Also, whenever I click on the link provided with a mailing about a kudoz question. I am taken there.... Great... Then the programme requests me to \"log in\"... but on doing so I am informed there is no such question!!!!

It is making my participation in Kudoz impossible!

Anyone else having thes
... See more
In V2, once I had logged in, I stayed logged in. Whenever I moved to a new page it recognised that I was logged in. V3 refuses to do this.

Also, whenever I click on the link provided with a mailing about a kudoz question. I am taken there.... Great... Then the programme requests me to \"log in\"... but on doing so I am informed there is no such question!!!!

It is making my participation in Kudoz impossible!

Anyone else having these problems?

Berni

Cat/Eng Mod

PS I access using: EXPLORER 5. 3314
Collapse

Fevziye Gündoğdu
Fevziye Gündoğdu
Local time: 03:26
Turkish to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

I am having a similar problem with netscape. When I am logged in, it refuses to open some pages. I go to the terms help when I am not logged in. I open a question. Maybe answer that. Then it stops. I cannot open jobs or questions once I am logged in. Only a blnak page opens. I tried to refresh, disconnect and connect again. it didn\'t work. (I can surf as much as I want unless I am logged in.)

deniz

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

Berni, I too have experienced this problem. It started with the introduction of v3. I believe it has to do with the fact that ProZ has a \"multiple personality\" problem right now - some sections (and even individual pages) are v3, while others are \"ante-diluvial\". And each section or page like that requires another log-in (my personal theory).

Whenever this problem occurs, simply log in, then go back to the main page and click on the KudoZ question again (or: use \"Back\"
... See more
Berni, I too have experienced this problem. It started with the introduction of v3. I believe it has to do with the fact that ProZ has a \"multiple personality\" problem right now - some sections (and even individual pages) are v3, while others are \"ante-diluvial\". And each section or page like that requires another log-in (my personal theory).

Whenever this problem occurs, simply log in, then go back to the main page and click on the KudoZ question again (or: use \"Back\" to return to the original question page and click on \"Refresh\") - this is what I have been doing, and it works for now.
Collapse

Berni Armstrong
Berni Armstrong  Identity Verified
Spain
Local time: 02:26
English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Jun 15, 2001

Adding to my grouses, I am afraid.

Today I did not receive confirmation of a Kudoz question I had asked. Instead I received notification of answers received.

I clicked on the link and saw just the answer I was waiting for. But could I then award Kudoz points? Could I hell!

I logged in and was told \"No such Question!\"

Then I tried requesting the password to answer the question. I recieved it a few minutes later
... See more
Adding to my grouses, I am afraid.

Today I did not receive confirmation of a Kudoz question I had asked. Instead I received notification of answers received.

I clicked on the link and saw just the answer I was waiting for. But could I then award Kudoz points? Could I hell!

I logged in and was told \"No such Question!\"

Then I tried requesting the password to answer the question. I recieved it a few minutes later and returned to the appropriate page. Imagine my frustration when the programme informed me that \"This password is incorrect\"

So I cannot currently award Kudoz points.

I am beginning to HATE version 3 with a vengeance!!! It simply seems to confirm the old adage \"If it ain\'t broke, don\'t fix it!\"

I never had such problems with good old Version 2.

It reminds me of how much I loved Netscape Communicator V.4 and how much I despise V.6.

Berni

Cat/Eng Mod

PS I was informed by e-mail that someone had replied to my posting on this forum. But when I tried to follow the link I was told \"link broken\" or somesuch! I hope Henry is paying the web designer on a results basis
Collapse

eurotransl (X)
eurotransl (X)
German to English
+ ...
Jun 15, 2001

Berni, you have my deepest sympathies and compassion. I know how frustrating it can be if some software does not work - especially, when you are convinced you are doing everything right.

But my understanding is that v3 is still not fully established (illustrated by the fact that some job and KudoZ pages, as well as some profile pages, still appear in the old v2 format sometimes).

As for your missing passwords, etc.: I think there were some technical gli
... See more
Berni, you have my deepest sympathies and compassion. I know how frustrating it can be if some software does not work - especially, when you are convinced you are doing everything right.

But my understanding is that v3 is still not fully established (illustrated by the fact that some job and KudoZ pages, as well as some profile pages, still appear in the old v2 format sometimes).

As for your missing passwords, etc.: I think there were some technical glitches in the system recently, and this may have affected the KudoZ section as well to some extent.

Personally, I use both Explorer and Netscape (the latest versions of each). Even though I like the new \"modern\" look of Netscape 6, I still swear by MS Explorer. It is still the most reliable and comfortable browser.

You know, they say that you will always come back to your \"first love\" - well, Netscape was my first browser ever (way back when I got my first start on the Internet) - but later I \"cheated\" on it, turned to MS Explorer, then cheated a little bit more by bringing Netscape Communicator back, and now I am just \"swinging\" between the two (but my \"heart\" belongs to MS Explorer, my \"second love\").
Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Staying Logged in

Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »
Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »