Thread poster: Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:25
Member (2015)
English to Italian
Nov 12, 2014

As a beginner, I need to share my work with others, and let them commenting, correcting, suggesting about. So, starting a blog seems to me a good idea but browsing the web I realized translators website and blogs are often in english, much less frequently in the mother tongue...
Question for you, skilled Prozers: which is the best language for the specific goal of my blog?

Thank you all in advance.

Deirdre Brophy (X)
Deirdre Brophy (X)  Identity Verified
France
English to Irish
+ ...
Who is your audience? Nov 12, 2014

I suppose it depends on who you would like to attract to your blog...

If you would like feedback from Italian-speaking translators, why not an Italian blog?

If you want to use the blog to attract potential English-speaking customers, I suppose an English blog would be best. Of course, it can be difficult to produce good quality content in a second language!

Silvia Di Profio
Silvia Di Profio  Identity Verified
Italy
Local time: 12:25
Member (2015)
English to Italian
TOPIC STARTER
Audience Nov 12, 2014

Deirdre Brophy wrote:

I suppose it depends on who you would like to attract to your blog...

If you would like feedback from Italian-speaking translators, why not an Italian blog?

If you want to use the blog to attract potential English-speaking customers, I suppose an English blog would be best.

Thanks, Deirdre,
that's exactly the point. I wish to create at first an interaction channel with professional translators (in my fields) to use as a feedback for my translaton projects and homeworks; in a second step -in my mind- it could even be something like a portfolio for potential English-speaking customers.
...too ambitious, maybe, but I'm just exploring the possibilities...

Deirdre Brophy wrote:
Of course, it can be difficult to produce good quality content in a second language!

I agree. But please note that translations would be the only kind of contents. No comments, no articles, nothing more than original and translated texts.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

A 'training' blog: which language?

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »