Opening "criteria" choice to all members
Thread poster: Ysabel812
Ysabel812
Ysabel812
French to English
+ ...
Jul 8, 2008

This is a suggestion for Kudoz term questions. I believe that all users, paying or not, should be able to check options such as "native language" in order to direct questions to native speakers of the target language. This hasn't always been the case, but these days whenever I post a question there is unfailingly someone who is a native speaker of neither language and who posts a direct, literal translation of the term. Of course, this translation is useless and clutters/ diminishes the quality ... See more
This is a suggestion for Kudoz term questions. I believe that all users, paying or not, should be able to check options such as "native language" in order to direct questions to native speakers of the target language. This hasn't always been the case, but these days whenever I post a question there is unfailingly someone who is a native speaker of neither language and who posts a direct, literal translation of the term. Of course, this translation is useless and clutters/ diminishes the quality of the site as a whole. I do agree that paying members should get extra benefits (asking more questions, extra options, etc) however this is one aspect which affects the entire site. This is NOT to say that non-native speakers are incapable of translating into another target language, but I do believe I am addressing a real problem on the site.Collapse

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Opening "criteria" choice to all members

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »