Thread poster: Chiara Cherubini
Chiara Cherubini
Chiara Cherubini  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
Oct 10, 2011

Dear Colleagues,

I would be interested in an intensive conference interpreting course in France, the specific language combination I would like to train is French -> Italian. I am not looking for a Master or any degree, but for a very intensive course (up to 1-2 months). I am already working as a conference interpreter but French is not one of my current working languages.

I looked on the internet but I was not able to find interesting courses.. Any help and feedback o
... See more
Dear Colleagues,

I would be interested in an intensive conference interpreting course in France, the specific language combination I would like to train is French -> Italian. I am not looking for a Master or any degree, but for a very intensive course (up to 1-2 months). I am already working as a conference interpreter but French is not one of my current working languages.

I looked on the internet but I was not able to find interesting courses.. Any help and feedback on available courses would be very much appreciated, thank you in advance!

Chiara
Collapse

sonjaswenson (X)
sonjaswenson (X)  Identity Verified
United States
Local time: 00:42
Spanish to English
+ ...
Short Courses Oct 30, 2011

I think if you contact the directors of the schools in France they might have short courses or be able to arrange something for you privately.
As far as I know the three schools in France are ESIT, ISIT, and ITIRI. ITIRI would occasionally have short courses for working interpreters outside of the MA program, or people who would sit in on classes.

Also York University and McGill University in Canada have short courses from time to time. AIIC's website also has a list of
... See more
I think if you contact the directors of the schools in France they might have short courses or be able to arrange something for you privately.
As far as I know the three schools in France are ESIT, ISIT, and ITIRI. ITIRI would occasionally have short courses for working interpreters outside of the MA program, or people who would sit in on classes.

Also York University and McGill University in Canada have short courses from time to time. AIIC's website also has a list of similar things.
Collapse

Chiara Cherubini
Chiara Cherubini  Identity Verified
Germany
German to Italian
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thank you Oct 31, 2011

Dear Sonja,

thank you very much for your suggestions, I will look closely into them as soon as possible.

Have a nice day

Chiara

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Conference Interpreting Course in France

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »