Thread poster: Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to Greek
+ ...
Sep 21, 2011

Hello,

I'm a freelance translator and I want to improve my interpreting skills and become certified in interpreting. I have found an online course for DPSI and I was wondering if anyone did this course. I'd appreciate if I got some feedback on this.

Thank you in advance,

Christiana

Mariemadelaine
Mariemadelaine  Identity Verified
Local time: 06:22
English to French
Interpreting course Sep 21, 2011

Hello Christina,

I am also looking for the same kind of course. Should you manage to get any information, thanks for keeping me posted.
I have done quite a lot of research so far and have not managed to find any such available training at the moment.

Let's keep in touch!
Kind regards,
Sandrine

Camelia Colnic
Camelia Colnic  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:22
Romanian to English
+ ...
Try IoL Sep 21, 2011

You find all kind of information about this course on the IoL website. As far as I know it is worth doing it if you want to be a professional interpreter for Law or Health. There is also the community Interpreting Course available too.

Christiana Tziortziou
Christiana Tziortziou  Identity Verified
Local time: 05:22
English to Greek
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
DPSI online courses Sep 21, 2011

I've already looked into IoL website but it doesn't offer online courses. As I live in Cyprus, it will be difficult.. Plus, they don't offer the Greek language (at least what I've noticed on their examinations for 2012).

I found this website, www.dpsionline.co.uk, and I was wondering if anyone tried online courses through them, I can't find anywhere else where they're done distance learning.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

DPSI online courses

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »