Pages in topic:   < [1 2]
cancellation fees
Thread poster: Libero_Lang_Lab
Sara Freitas
Sara Freitas
France
Local time: 10:04
French to English
Check your local bookkeeping/tax requirements--you could just declare it as a loss Mar 24, 2003

I just learned that in France where I am \"unpaid\" work (i.e. a last-minute cancellation or the horrible situation of not being able to collect payment for work already done) can actually be deducted from your revenue. There is an obvious tax benefit for this, particularly in France where taxes and deductions are so high. Depending on your relationship or desired future relationship with the customer, you might consider not charging at all and just declaring it as lost income for tax purposes. ... See more
I just learned that in France where I am \"unpaid\" work (i.e. a last-minute cancellation or the horrible situation of not being able to collect payment for work already done) can actually be deducted from your revenue. There is an obvious tax benefit for this, particularly in France where taxes and deductions are so high. Depending on your relationship or desired future relationship with the customer, you might consider not charging at all and just declaring it as lost income for tax purposes. (Not as good as actually doing the work and receiving full payment, of course, but better than nothing!)

HTH

Sara
Collapse

Libero_Lang_Lab
Libero_Lang_Lab  Identity Verified
United Kingdom
Local time: 09:04
Russian to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
response from the client agency Mar 26, 2003

thanks to all who weighed in with advice and the benefit of their own experiences.

just to let you know that the story has a happy ending on this occasion. the agency agreed to pay for the whole day, and were very nice about it.

Pages in topic:   < [1 2]

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

cancellation fees

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Wordfast Pro
Translation Memory Software for Any Platform

Exclusive discount for ProZ.com users! Save over 13% when purchasing Wordfast Pro through ProZ.com. Wordfast is the world's #1 provider of platform-independent Translation Memory software. Consistently ranked the most user-friendly and highest value

Buy now! »