Google My Business e-mail notifications
Thread poster: Andy S
Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:02
German to English
Nov 15, 2021

Recently a potential client contacted me via my Google My Business webpage.

I received an email notification of this and responded promptly, but they do not appear to have received a notification themselves.

I didn't hear back from them and it was fortunate that they rang me a couple of days later anyway and I did eventually get the business.

I don't know whether this was just an issue at the client's end or a more general feature of Google My Business. I s
... See more
Recently a potential client contacted me via my Google My Business webpage.

I received an email notification of this and responded promptly, but they do not appear to have received a notification themselves.

I didn't hear back from them and it was fortunate that they rang me a couple of days later anyway and I did eventually get the business.

I don't know whether this was just an issue at the client's end or a more general feature of Google My Business. I suspect the latter as, in an attempt at troubleshooting, I asked a friend to send me a message via the webpage, to which I responded, and they do not appear to have received a notification either. He thinks it's basically a glorified web chat.

If this is true, it runs the risk of losing business. Does anyone else have experience of Google My Business messages from clients and did they appear to receive notifications or not?
Collapse

Peter Motte
Peter Motte  Identity Verified
Belgium
Local time: 20:02
Member (2009)
English to Dutch
+ ...
Don't know Dec 8, 2021

I don't know about this, but it's interesting.
Also, there are non-paying and paying versions of Google My Business. Maybe that's the route of the problem?

Andy S
Andy S
United Kingdom
Local time: 19:02
German to English
TOPIC STARTER
Could be a premium feature... Dec 8, 2021

...to get notifications, as you say.

Seems pretty useless without it.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Google My Business e-mail notifications

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
Trados Business Manager Lite
Create customer quotes and invoices from within Trados Studio

Trados Business Manager Lite helps to simplify and speed up some of the daily tasks, such as invoicing and reporting, associated with running your freelance translation business.

More info »