https://www.proz.com/forum/trados_support/43817-problem_with_substitution_of_numbers.html

Problem with substitution of numbers
Автор темы: Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Австралия
Local time: 23:30
Член ProZ.com c 2004
испанский => немецкий
+ ...
Mar 16, 2006

Hi,

I work with Trados 6.5 and when translating from English into German I always have the problem that numbers followed by "in" get substituted by "cm". when using placeables. Is there are solution to this problem?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 15:30
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Deactivate localisation of measurements Mar 16, 2006

Hallo Kristina,
Workbench interprets "in" as "inches" - deactivate the localisation of measurements (Options - TM Options - Substitution Localisation - Measurements).

HTH, Ralf

Kristina Wolf
Kristina Wolf  Identity Verified
Австралия
Local time: 23:30
Член ProZ.com c 2004
испанский => немецкий
+ ...
Автор темы
Creates another problem Mar 17, 2006

That's a good suggestion, but then all percentage points (0.8%) remain as they are and I need the German metric system with commas. Is there a workaround or will I just have to put up with the inches?

Ralf Lemster
Ralf Lemster  Identity Verified
Германия
Local time: 15:30
английский => немецкий
+ ...
Known issue Mar 17, 2006

Hi again,

That's a good suggestion, but then all percentage points (0.8%) remain as they are and I need the German metric system with commas. Is there a workaround or will I just have to put up with the inches?

I have noticed the same behaviour, and have reported it to SDL Trados Support.

LG Ralf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Problem with substitution of numbers

Translation news related to SDL Trados

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »