Samuel Murray  Identity Verified
Netherlands
Local time: 01:00
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
Oct 31, 2023

Hello everyone

I used to be able to create a view that contains only 1 instance of every segment, by applying this filter:

view uniques only

But ... this no longer works. If I select these options, it simply creates a view with all segments in it (including duplicates).

Does anyone know what's wrong here? Is there an extra setting that I must select in order to create a View that contains only one instance of every segment?

Thanks
Samuel

Added: I installed a couple of older versions of MemoQ, but the problem persists, so it must be a setting somewhere, or perhaps something to do with this particular project...?

[Edited at 2023-10-31 13:48 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:00
Danish to English
+ ...
Online/local Oct 31, 2023

It seems to work differently for local and online projects. See https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/create-view-filtering-and-sorting.html .

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Odd Oct 31, 2023

Thomas T. Frost wrote:
It seems to work differently for local and online projects. See https://docs.memoq.com/current/en/Places/create-view-filtering-and-sorting.html .

I exported all segments to an XLIFF file, then created a local project, and tried again. But the same problem occurs.

What's more, in the local project, if I select a frequency of "2", MemoQ says that no segments match my criteria... which is untrue. There are hundreds of duplicates. So there is definitely something very odd going on here.

Also, I've always been able to do this with checked-out projects (which is what I assume the help page means by "online" projects).

I even tried version 9.1.9, but with this particular project, the result is the same: the view contains all segments.

[Edited at 2023-10-31 14:04 GMT]

Thomas T. Frost
Thomas T. Frost  Identity Verified
Portugal
Local time: 00:00
Danish to English
+ ...
Support Oct 31, 2023

If it doesn't behave according to the documentation, I would report it to support.

Samuel Murray
Netherlands
Member (2006)
English to Afrikaans
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Frequency sorting also doesn't work Oct 31, 2023

I've just discovered (while looking for a workaround) that sorting segments by frequency also doesn't work.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

No longer able to create view with unique segments

Protemos translation business management system
Create your account in minutes, and start working! 3-month trial for agencies, and free for freelancers!

The system lets you keep client/vendor database, with contacts and rates, manage projects and assign jobs to vendors, issue invoices, track payments, store and manage project files, generate business reports on turnover profit per client/manager etc.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »