Block XML tags from import to memoQ
Inițiatorul discuției: Profdoc
Profdoc
Profdoc
Local time: 08:47
din suedeză în engleză
Jun 12, 2012

I'm translating a project from a business process modeling software called 2 Conciliate (2c8). Translation is done in XML files that can be exported from/imported to 2c8.

One problem though: For some reason, memoQ imports a bunch of XML tags as body text for translation, e.g. "html", "head" and "/html" (in bigger than/smaller than brackets). I do a lot of translation in XML files and I've never had this problem before.

Is there an easy way to block these tags from imp
... See more
I'm translating a project from a business process modeling software called 2 Conciliate (2c8). Translation is done in XML files that can be exported from/imported to 2c8.

One problem though: For some reason, memoQ imports a bunch of XML tags as body text for translation, e.g. "html", "head" and "/html" (in bigger than/smaller than brackets). I do a lot of translation in XML files and I've never had this problem before.

Is there an easy way to block these tags from import into memoQ? I've tried using Document Import Settings > Tags And Attributes but I can find the affected tags and mark them for non-translation.

Any suggestions?

Late addition: Does the "html" and "/html" tags mean the file has embedded html content? Is that part of the problem?

[Edited at 2012-06-12 13:28 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-12 13:29 GMT]

[Edited at 2012-06-12 13:32 GMT]
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
They are HTML tags Jun 12, 2012

The tags you mention are in fact HTML tags, most probably embedded as text inside the XML coding.

I would suggest you do some experiments with the cascading filters in memoQ: import the files as XML, but use the cascading filters to apply an HTML filter as the second filter. This should yield translatable segments in which any HTML coding is marked up as tags.

Profdoc
Profdoc
din suedeză în engleză
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Thanks! Jun 14, 2012

It works! Using the HTML filter as cascading filter did the trick.

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Block XML tags from import to memoQ

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »