Bruno Fonseca
Bruno Fonseca  Identity Verified
Irlanda
Local time: 19:53
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
Mar 17, 2012

Dear memoQ users

Not sure whether this issue has already been adressed...
I am a recent user of memoQ and I still have not master all its functionnalities, my querry is as follow: I have a somehow big file, 36k, in a 2010 .docx with a few screenshots (300!) and when I try to import it I get this message:

TYPE:
System.IO.IOException

O processo não pode aceder ao ficheiro (The process can't access the file) 'C:\Users\ Fonseca\AppD
... See more
Dear memoQ users

Not sure whether this issue has already been adressed...
I am a recent user of memoQ and I still have not master all its functionnalities, my querry is as follow: I have a somehow big file, 36k, in a 2010 .docx with a few screenshots (300!) and when I try to import it I get this message:

TYPE:
System.IO.IOException

O processo não pode aceder ao ficheiro (The process can't access the file) 'C:\Users\ Fonseca\AppData\Local\Temp\tmpA8FD.tmp' porque está a ser utilizado por outro processo.(because it is being used by another process)

SOURCE:
mscorlib

Now, I am not sure whether this is an issue that can be adressed here or if someone could give me a few hints, or if I shouldn't even adress customer support as it can't be done, anyhow your input is greatly appreciated.
Thank you
(at the beginning of a marathon) Bruno
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
Spania
Local time: 20:53
Membru (2005)
din engleză în spaniolă
+ ...
Try other compatible formats Mar 17, 2012

I would ask their support, but to me it looks as if MS Word is somehow being used to convert the file, and that is taking some time. I think memoQ imports DOCX files directly without Word's help, but I might be wrong here.

Have you tried saving the file as an RTF file or a DOC (Word 2003 format) and try? If it imports correctly, you should be able to use MS Word to save it back to the DOCX forman when it is finished.

Also, I assume you have plenty of free space in your
... See more
I would ask their support, but to me it looks as if MS Word is somehow being used to convert the file, and that is taking some time. I think memoQ imports DOCX files directly without Word's help, but I might be wrong here.

Have you tried saving the file as an RTF file or a DOC (Word 2003 format) and try? If it imports correctly, you should be able to use MS Word to save it back to the DOCX forman when it is finished.

Also, I assume you have plenty of free space in your hard disk and that your computer is reasonably powerful?
Collapse

Bruno Fonseca
Irlanda
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Hello Tomás, thanks for your kind help Mar 17, 2012

Yes to both assumptions, and am going to try as of now, thanks again for your input!

Dominique Pivard
Dominique Pivard  Identity Verified
Local time: 21:53
din finlandeză în franceză
A few things you could try Mar 18, 2012

Bruno Fonseca wrote:
I have a somehow big file, 36k, in a 2010 .docx with a few screenshots (300!)

I assume you mean 36 MB, which is indeed rather big.

Here are a few things you could try:

1) save it as "real" DOCX (just in case it is currently in compatible mode). You can do so by using the File > Save as command.

2) disable the preview function in memoQ

3) reboot and make sure you don't open your DOCX before trying to import it in memoQ

Bruno Fonseca
Irlanda
din engleză în franceză
+ ...
INIŢIATORUL SUBIECTULUI
Solved! Mar 18, 2012

Thank you Tomás and Dominique

I've tried a few solutions (and no, it's 36k words, 47mb) and then split in ten pieces, works like a charm, I appreciate both for your help!

Best wishes
Bruno

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

File Handling exception

TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »
CafeTran Espresso
You've never met a CAT tool this clever!

Translate faster & easier, using a sophisticated CAT tool built by a translator / developer. Accept jobs from clients who use Trados, MemoQ, Wordfast & major CAT tools. Download and start using CafeTran Espresso -- for free

Buy now! »