Autor de la hebra: Andrea Bertocchi
Andrea Bertocchi
Andrea Bertocchi  Identity Verified
Italia
Local time: 01:28
alemán al italiano
Mar 5, 2012

Hi!

I'm new to MemoQ but in a few days I've already had the possibility to notice how powerful the program is.
I'd like to use it to translate PDFs directly without converting, is it possible?
Joining segments is really easy, but what can I do with too large segments?
I can split them, but I also would like to add a tag at the end of each segment in order to get a new paragraph for each segment while exporting it to txt-format.
Is it anyway possibile? Is the
... See more
Hi!

I'm new to MemoQ but in a few days I've already had the possibility to notice how powerful the program is.
I'd like to use it to translate PDFs directly without converting, is it possible?
Joining segments is really easy, but what can I do with too large segments?
I can split them, but I also would like to add a tag at the end of each segment in order to get a new paragraph for each segment while exporting it to txt-format.
Is it anyway possibile? Is there any trick to reduce post processing of the layout of the translated file (I'm not interested in mantaining the same structure of the original PDF-File, I'd only like to get an "as clear/plain as possible" document)?
Thanks for any advice,

Andrea
Collapse

Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT
Tomás Cano Binder, BA, CT  Identity Verified
España
Miembro 2005
inglés al español
+ ...
Make your life easier Mar 5, 2012

memoQ will only output a text file, so any formatting work you do in memoQ on text coming from a PDF will be futile, if you ask me.

It is best for you to use another tool to make a file that will allow you translate in memoQ and then input that text back to the PDF. My best suggestion is Iceni Infix, which, among other options (it is a PDF editor), exports and imports an XML file you can nicely translate in memoQ.

Andrea Bertocchi
Andrea Bertocchi  Identity Verified
Italia
alemán al italiano
PERSONA QUE INICIÓ LA HEBRA
Thanks Mar 5, 2012

Thank you, Tomás, I'll check this program out, but maybe I don't need all his features.

My aim is not to add any formatting to the text but only to add line breaks.

(I have to deliver a plain word file, without any formatting from the PDF
Till now I have allways copied source text from PDF into a word document and then translated the DOC-file, and I wonder if there is a method to skip this preprocessing)

Thank you
Andrea

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Translating PDFs in MemoQ - Is it possible to add addictional tags to target

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »