Thread poster: Fiona Stephenson
Fiona Stephenson
Fiona Stephenson
United Kingdom
Local time: 03:25
Portuguese to English
+ ...
Jan 9, 2008

I am considering purchasing Translation Office 3000, but I would like to know if there is any way of saving or exporting the data. Supposing I wanted to install the system on two different computers (home and office) - presumably I would need to input the data to each one separately, but would that mean typing it all out in a separate word document first, or even writing it out by hand, in order to 'take' it to the other computer? Does one license cover more than one computer? Also, is there s... See more
I am considering purchasing Translation Office 3000, but I would like to know if there is any way of saving or exporting the data. Supposing I wanted to install the system on two different computers (home and office) - presumably I would need to input the data to each one separately, but would that mean typing it all out in a separate word document first, or even writing it out by hand, in order to 'take' it to the other computer? Does one license cover more than one computer? Also, is there some way of printing off the data, for reference when working away from home? The advantage of my rudimentary but handy Excel file is that I always have access to my data - internet cafes, friend`s homes, wherever, it`s always there on my usb drive.Collapse

Peter Linton (X)
Peter Linton (X)  Identity Verified
Swedish to English
+ ...
Use a memory stick Jan 9, 2008

Keeping 2 separate sets of data is a recipe for chaos.

I have not tried it, but it might be possible to keep the data files on a single memory stick, and always remember to take it to work/home.

You can import and export data to text files.

[Edited at 2008-01-09 15:52]

Wolfgang Jörissen
Wolfgang Jörissen  Identity Verified
Belize
Dutch to German
+ ...
Licence Jan 9, 2008

As far as I understand, the licence covers as many computers as you like but just one user account, i. e. you can install TO3000 on as many computers as you wish but you can only use your particular set of data.

Have not tried Peter's approach yet either, but I do make backups to my memory sticks daily, and those can be transferred to any other computer with TO3000 installed. The backup covers everything: invoices, invoice templates etc., so no need to type anything over, as far as
... See more
As far as I understand, the licence covers as many computers as you like but just one user account, i. e. you can install TO3000 on as many computers as you wish but you can only use your particular set of data.

Have not tried Peter's approach yet either, but I do make backups to my memory sticks daily, and those can be transferred to any other computer with TO3000 installed. The backup covers everything: invoices, invoice templates etc., so no need to type anything over, as far as I can see.

Remember, that you can export your data from TO3000 into csv files, but you cannot modify those files and import them back into TO3000.
Collapse

Fiona Stephenson
Fiona Stephenson
United Kingdom
Portuguese to English
+ ...
TOPIC STARTER
Thanks Jun 11, 2008

Just realized I did not thank you both for your helpful comments, erm, five months ago! Good to know I can download/transfer the data if necessary.

Fiona

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

Exporting data from Translation Office 3000

Trados Studio 2022 Freelance
The leading translation software used by over 270,000 translators.

Designed with your feedback in mind, Trados Studio 2022 delivers an unrivalled, powerful desktop and cloud solution, empowering you to work in the most efficient and cost-effective way.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »