A.Đapo  Identity Verified
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Local time: 23:38
Member (2007)
English to Serbo-Croat
+ ...
Jan 28, 2007

Good evening everyone.
I have a question regarding creating a photo cd.
I have collected a bunch of great photos (on my comp) and now I would like to record it on cd so that I can play in on dvd/tv.
How should I record so that I can play it on tv as a slideshow. If I record them as pictures, I will have to manually move from one to another?
I have Nero

Thank you
Amra

Viktoria Gimbe
Viktoria Gimbe  Identity Verified
Canada
Local time: 17:38
English to French
+ ...
Check your DVD Jan 28, 2007

I suggest to start with checking what formats your DVD can handle. That is the format you will have to use to burn your photos. For example, if your DVD can play JPEGs, burn your photos as JPEGs. Usually, a DVD that can read image formats has its own built-in slideshow features. You simply stick the photos on a CD and when you playback the CD on the DVD player, it will give you a few commands, allowing you to manually advance and fastforward, or to display the photos as a slideshow. It will also... See more
I suggest to start with checking what formats your DVD can handle. That is the format you will have to use to burn your photos. For example, if your DVD can play JPEGs, burn your photos as JPEGs. Usually, a DVD that can read image formats has its own built-in slideshow features. You simply stick the photos on a CD and when you playback the CD on the DVD player, it will give you a few commands, allowing you to manually advance and fastforward, or to display the photos as a slideshow. It will also probably let you set the number of seconds a picture is displayed.

If your DVD player doesn't use graphic file formats, then it's a little trickier. It will then probably be able to use DivX or MPEG. In such cases, you usually have to make a DivX or MPEG movie on your computer and simply burn that movie on a CD (this will result in a CD with one big file, as opposed to a JPEG CD with individual files for each photo). Playback will be much like a movie DVD - if you want to look at a photo for longer, you will have to pause the movie.

I hope this helps! All the best!

[Edited at 2007-01-28 19:57]
Collapse

Olaf (X)
Olaf (X)
Local time: 23:38
English to German
Use Microsoft Photostory 3 Jan 28, 2007

Try Microsoft Photostory 3. It's free. It'll convert a group a pictures to a .wmv file, which you can use with Nero Vision Express or any other DVD authoring tool to create a DVD.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/photostory/default.mspx

Olaf

To report site rules violations or get help, contact a site moderator:

You can also contact site staff by submitting a support request »

how to create a photo show for tv/dvd

Anycount & Translation Office 3000
Translation Office 3000

Translation Office 3000 is an advanced accounting tool for freelance translators and small agencies. TO3000 easily and seamlessly integrates with the business life of professional freelance translators.

More info »
TM-Town
Manage your TMs and Terms ... and boost your translation business

Are you ready for something fresh in the industry? TM-Town is a unique new site for you -- the freelance translator -- to store, manage and share translation memories (TMs) and glossaries...and potentially meet new clients on the basis of your prior work.

More info »